Monday, April 4, 2011

March sketch challenge at Sweet Peach!


I am one lucky girl .... I have not one, but TWO April kits from Sweet Peach Crop Shop, PLUS the embellishment add-on! 

I used the Juicy kit today to finish the March sketch challenge on the Sweet Peach blog. The sketch by Liz Chidester was so much fun to work with and was perfect for photos of my grandson Cameron. The papers are from Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Jenni Bowlin, My Mind's Eye and Bella Blvd.  All of the papers are double sided, which is a nice bonus. TheBasic Grey "Little Details" star clip are part of the kit. The big ticket is from last month's Juicy kit, cut from Echo Park paper.  I added some random things from my stash to reflect Cameron's playful personality, including a metal clock face and photo turns used as "hands"; metal photo corners; a wooden 5; a chipboard star, which I covered in paper; a freehand-cut heart that I ran through a crimper; and gears and sprockets due with Sizxix and Spellbinders dies. I also used a dot pattern stamp to add a little interest. A few of the clocks in the Jenni Bowlin paper were punched out and popped up to add some texture. 


Oh, to be five years old  -- playing with your food is still acceptable!

No comments: