Friday, April 15, 2011

It's a very blustery day

here in central Illinois! Reminds me of that beloved Winnie the Pooh book of the same name. I think this is one excellent day to stay inside and scrap.

It was so much fun to have my layouts up on the Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog last Sunday; thank you so much for the kind comments there. I created this layout using the April "Sweet" kit especially for last Sunday:


I totally love the Emma's Shoppe papers from Crate Paper! Those crocheted flowers and the felt cupcake were handmade and sent by friends; aren't they adorable? Here's a close up:




I used the "Juicy" kit for a layout of youngest granddaughter enjoying the swing at the park. This kit has the greatest mix of papers from various manufacturers -- I used My Mind's Eye Stella and Rose and Pink Paislee Daily Junque. 



In response to a Sweet Peach challenge to use product packaging, I used the backing from those yellow Studio Calico Notions tissue rosettes as a photo mat. If you look closely, you can see some of the cute vine logo below the photo. I added the buttons, adage ticket and tiny alpha. The ribbon and trim were from the April Embellishments kit.

I used the same Juicy kit for a quick and easy layout using this tutorial by Nathalie.



 I added my own alphas and chipboard stars (which I covered with Stella and Rose paper). The other papers and the star charm are from the kit; papers are Jenni Bowlin, Bella Blvd and Basic Grey. See, I told you there are a lot of lines in that one kit! 

And Monday was reveal day at Cookin' Up Creations. This month we're working with papers and stickers from Best Creation and tags from The Living Room Floor. I used photos from oldest daughter's boys two years ago for an Eggs-tra Easter page:



A new scrapbooking store just opened in town, and I am a happy camper! Not only is it great to have a store in town again, but I'm on the design team. So happy for an opportunity to display my work locally! I have my first assignment in front of me .... 

Thank you for looking! Have a great weekend 

9 comments:

LisaM said...

Girl, you've been busy! Fantastic layouts Barb! Really love the handmade crochet flowers (I would love to learn how to make those!) and that felt cupcake is beautiful!

Julie said...

wow, way to get your scrap on barb!!!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, you rocked those Sweet Peach kits!!! I just love what you did!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Your 2-pagers always are so well designed, love the balance in that layout!! The first one is SO SO precious!!!! love it.

Nathalie said...

Glad to know at least one person used my tutorial! ;)
I LOVE your pages as always and my favorite is Happy Swing (love the color combo, the pops of red and the photo!) ~ You rock Barb!

Michelle said...

love all your pages barb colors are awesome love the embellishments and love your blog i think i need to redo mine!

Rebecca In MI said...

It's a very blustery day indeed! I always love coming to your blog and looking around! So much inspiration!

just jennifer said...

very blustery here too - unfortunately I did not get to scrap! Love the grid layout at the top, always so impressed how much you get done!

Ange said...

Great lo's! Love the grid action on Sweet Dreams, the fun tied on stars on Game boy and all the fun going on with Egg-stra! Great job!!