Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Saturday!

The past week was a productive one for me, scrap-wise. The design team at Cookin' Up Creations is fortunate this month to be working with paper kits from Best Creations, as well as tags from Etsy artist The Living Room Floor. This paper is adorable with a sprinkling of glitter and fabulous pastels. I used photos of grandson Cameron from two years ago combined with a sketch from My Sketch World to create my April 4 reveal project:


The CROP CHEF challenge is going great, and we're now on the third challenge. I presented the second challenge Monday. The "ingredients" and techniques lists for all the CROP CHEF challenge were chosen by random.org, which has made for some interesting combinations My ingreidents included a border, lace, a clock or clock face, and old book pages. My technique was inking the edges of at least two papers and I added a bonus to dangle something for a bonus point.

A fellow design team member, Cassy, sent me this kit of Pink Paislee Queen Bee as a gift. It is so perfectly elegant and I couldn't wait to get this layout done:


My clock was created with a Stampin' Up stamp and Staz-On ink, stamped onto a transparency and then cut with a Spellbinders circle die. I made the flowers from old dictionary pages and tissue paper spritzed with homemade yellow spray and glitzed up with a bit of Stickles. Here are a couple of close ups:



And I couldn't wait to play with the new Sweet and Juicy embellishment kits from Sweet Peach Crop Shop. I am a subber to the Juicy kits, but this month I couldn't resist the Sweet and the embellishment kits. Soooo pretty!

 My first two layouts using these kits will be featured this Sunday, April 10, on the Sweet Peach Crop Shop blog. Corrie asked me to be a part of the kit club's first anniversary celebration as the subject for the week's Subscriber Sunday. I was thilled, flattered and excited to be included. Would love for you to check it out Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by; have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Julie said...

beautiful pages barb!

Nathalie said...

Great pages Barb! I am especially fond of the second one. It has such a great feel!

Ange said...

Very cute lo's!

just jennifer said...

congrats! love your layouts!

Bev said...

Thanks for playing along Barb.. really cute layout and fab job with the sketch

Sara Zenger said...

lovely layouts! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT!