Saturday, March 19, 2011

The latest reveals ...

This month the Cookin' Up Creations Design Team is working with some fun products from Gel-A-Tins Stamps, Cu-te' Ta-pe' and P.S. It's all in the Details. I created a layout featuring my youngest granddaughter and her beloved Pink Puppy, who has been her constant companion since she was five months old. 


Note Puppy's progression from that soft pink to the dirty nose to the well-loved dinginess. I was reminded of the quote from The Velveeteen Rabbit: "When a child loves you for a long, long time, then you become real". The cute birdie tag is from P.S. It's All in the Details. I made the green striped flower with Japanese washi tape (great stuff!) from Cu-te' Ta-pe'. And I used stamps from the Gel-A-Tins "What's Your Note" kit to stamp along the bottom border, since they went so perfectly with the "Love Notes" print. The papers are My Mind's Eye, Fancy Pants, Pink Paislee and October Afternoon. The sketch is from Pencil Lines

We're still "Mad About Sketches" at Cookin' Up Creations! Every day this month (except Mondays, our recap and catch-up days) we are featuring a different challenge based on a sketch. There's still time to join in the fun! 

For my first reveal as a member of the Card Design Team at My Sketch World,, I used s.e.i.'s Moonrise papers to create a Mother's Day card. I love the beautiful foil accents in these papers! The green border is adhered to the inside edge of the card. The labels were cut with the Labels One dies from Spellbinders on my Grand Calibur -- love it! 



I used the sketch from the March 1 reveal at My Sketch World for this card:


This month at Cookin' Up Creations, the Design Team launched a new challenge --Scraplift A Member. We chose a layout by forum member and design team alumna Amy Bunner - see her layout here. We had a great time lifting Amy's layout; here's mine:


That's my grandson Ethan at Great Wolf Lodge, humoring his younger brother by hanging out with him in the kids' area. The papers are Making Memories, Advantus, Little Yellow Bicycle and Basic Grey. The die cut edge is from another sheet by Advantus; I cut out the middle design and used just the edge. I made the acrylic frame by printing, stamping and painting on a piece of acrylic that came in a package of acrylic stamps. I also used this layout for last week's THaW (Three a Week) banner challenge at Willow Traders. I cut mine from a sheet of Advantus patterned paper and backed it with red cardstock, then cut it with pinking scissors.

Also for a THaW challenge, and as the example for my Technique Tuesday "Let's Paint!" challenge at Cookin' Up Creations, I used a Nuts About Sketches design (the right side of Week 152's sketch) for this layout:


The papers are Little Yellow Bicycle and Basic Grey. The compass was cut with the Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge. I used blue glitter paint to add some sparkle to the waves. Again, I printed, stamped and painted on a transparency to create a frame. It adds a bit of definition to the edges of that water photo, without taking too much attention away from the shot. That's Ethan again at the water park. He doesn't always like to have his photo taken, so I was happy to have two layouts featuring just Ethan. 

Up late tonight working on a layout for tomorrow's Inspirational Sunday challenge. We had a bit of an issue with our kitchen sink tonight -- picture water spewing from the pipes underneath -- so I fell a bit behind in my plans for the evening. The layout's nearly done, and then it's time to call it a day. 

Have a great Sunday! 

7 comments:

LisaM said...

Fantabulous work Barb! My all time favorite of yours is still that Top Gun layout, it rocks!
Have a wonderful day!

Merrilee said...

I love the colours in your Mother's Day card and your layouts are fabulous too!

Ange said...

Very fun stuff! Love the Cowabunga lo!!

WriterGirl said...

Barb!! Amazing LO's and great cards!! Love 'em!! Especially puppy love!

just jennifer said...

Love all of them! I'm amazed at how much you get done!

wendipooh13 said...

you have been a busy girl!!! LOVE your pages and cards!!! wonderful work

feli said...

awesome projects!! I love the details...