Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Today has been really laid back here. The wind has been pretty fierce, so it was a good day to stay inside. I finished my layout for Monday's reveal at Cookin' Up Creations and took a photo of my card for the Tuesday reveal at My Sketch World. Next on my list are a few challenges, both at those websites and elsewhere. 

I can't show you the reveals yet for next week, but here are a couple of other recent projects. This layout was part of a challenge on Cookin' Up Ctreations to scrap a relationship between two persons other than myself AND to change out the center of a flower. My layout concerns my sister in law Marcia and her special relationship with Anna, my youngest grandchild. Aunt Marcia and Uncle Rich brought Anna a toy tea set at Thanksgiving .... who do you think is having the most fun here?



I used a little pink doodad off an old barette as the center of my flower in the lower right corner. The papers are Sassafras Indie Girl. The flowers are Sassafras and Prima. The alpha is American Crafts; ticket by Tim Holtz for Advantus. I used a tiny heart punch to punch out a few hearts from blue cardstock; they fit perfectly over the hearts on my paper anbd are secured with mini pop dots. I used a small  flower punch to cut centers out of some of the stamp motif paper and did the same thing. I love the added dimension the punch outs give to the page. 

These two cards were part of last week's reveal at Cookin' Up Creations. Oure sponsors this week are gel*a*tings stamps and two Etsy stores -- cu-te' ta-pe' and P.S. it's all in the details. 

I used a decorated tag from P.S. it's all in the details for this card of encouragement, and printed my quote using my computer and printer. It coordinated perfectly with the Glitz Design papers and my big Prima flower, which I jazzed up with some microbeads. I pleated some green striped tape from cu-te' ta-pe' and topped it with a line of rhinestones for the border.


This was a quick little card using Echo Park papers and a cute little chick sticker. The notes are stamped with the "What's Your Note" set from gel-a-tins.

Both of the card sketches are from My Sketch World. 

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great week! 

7 comments:

Nathalie said...

Sweet cards and I LOVE your multi photo page! Love the fact that you have so many photos on there but it doesn't look crowded!
Your comment on froufrou boy pages on my blog made me smile :) Thank you!

BabyBokChoy said...

That layout really is terrific!! Nowadays the multi photo thing is all the rage! love your cards too!

LisaM said...

Fantastic work Barb! Love the layout and cards, especially that cute birdie!

Julie said...

fabulous work barb!!!

~jan said...

Wonderful projects, Barb! I saw your layot in Scrapbooks Etc last week, so cool!! COngrats!

Ange said...

Very cute cards. Love the lo and heart punch popped idea. I still have some of that paper too, might try that. Saw your Time Out lo in SB etc. very cool!

angie gutshall said...

Love the cards! So Cute!!