Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We're "Stirrin' Up a Lil Love"!

Welcome to your sixth stop on the "Stirrin' Up A Li'l Love at Cookin' Up Creations" blog hop! If you are following the links from the beginning of the hop, then you should have come from Tammy's blog. If not, then please start at the Cookin' Up Creations blog to make sure you don't miss any of the stops -- and the fantastic projects -- along the whole route!


Today, I'm excited to show you my heart-y Valentine grapevine wreath, made especially for this blog hop. The wreath has been around for a while, and previously was a spring floral decoration (I think). I bought a bag of wooden hearts in the craft aisle, then used distress ink and a piece of sponge to stain the edges. 


Next, I used Mod Podge to adhere the hearts to the backsides of patterned paper scraps. After the glue dried, I cut around the hearts and sanded the edges smooth, then covered with a thin coat of Mod Podge mixed with a few drops of water. After that dried, I used my Crop a Dile to punch a hole in each. I tried to tie the hearts to the wreath, but in the end I used hot glue to adhere them in place. I finished with a few scattered little flowers.


And here's the finished product:








Earlier this week, I had the pleasure of working with the February kit from Scraptacular, a wonderful no-commitment kit club. This layout features a photo taken of my granddaughter and my new son-in-law, taken about an hour before my daughter and son-in-law's wedding last April. Such a sweet and tender moment!



Don't you just love background papers that do most of the work for you? The papers are from the adorable "Love Birds" line by Fancy Pants. The Scraptacular kit also includes papers from My Mind's Eye "Fine and Dandy" collection. 

This is the last blog on your blog hop. I hope you have enjoyed the projects that our Cookin' Up Creations Design Team members have stirred up for you! Please be sure to leave a comment here, and on each blog along the hop itinerary. Then, go to the Cookin' Up Creations forum  and post to let us know that you have completed the hop. Your name will be entered into a drawing for our blog hop prize! 

We also invite you to attend our "Stirrin' Up a Li'l Love at Cookin' Up Creations" crop this weekend on the Cookin' Up Creations Forum!

The crop begins at 7 p.m. Eastern time Friday, February 4 and continues through Sunday evening, February 6. Our Design Team will be hosting some fun games, posting some great challenges ... and did we mention prizes? Be sure to come and join us! 

Want to win a little RAK from me?

Be sure to become a follower and post a comment below; I'll enter your name into a drawing for "a little something" from me!

Thanks for attending the Cookin' Up Creations blog hop! 



18 comments:

ashjoy said...

Very cute lo and wreath, see you at the crop!

Life's Creative Adventures said...

Oh my I LOVE your wreath. I will so have to copy that.

scrappinsmiles said...

What a darling decoration! And I love your layout.

Sandy said...

Super cute wreath Barb and I LOVE the LO.

BTW, I am a follower now :)

Patti said...

Wreath is great and Love the LO!

LisaM said...

Love the wreath and layout Barb!

I am already a follower of your blog.

AlteredDiva said...

That wreath is beautiful! I need to make some holiday decorations for my classroom - it gets bare and this would be perfect for my door.

LesleyfromWI said...

Cute projects. The wreath is adorable. Nice job

Tammi said...

what a cute project!!

Scrappyjo said...

What a great decoration. This would look beautiful on my front door!!
I am a follower of your blog!

Jenny said...

What a fabulous project!!! That's got me thinking (since I still have my Christmas wreath on the front door!! Oops!)

Following you now too!

Nitasha said...

Supercute projects! And this off topic, but also love your blog header- oh so cute! Happy to following your blog now!

Tammy Folk said...

love, love, love the wreath Barb, and the layout too! Thanks for sharing with us!

Jennybean said...

Beautiful wreath!

Jan said...

Cute wreath, Barb.....and that layout is just beautiful! TFS.

Tracy Suzanne said...

Hi Barb. The heart wreath is so cute and that scrapbook page is just beautiful. I'm a new follower as tonasun on GFC. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs...Tracy :)
cottonpickincute(at)hotmail(dot)com

P.S. Love you blog design.

Karen Y said...

Love your wreath. I am a new follower

Thank you,
Karen
countrygirlin_md at yahoo.com
karenscreativeramblings.blogspot.com

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

what a wonderful wreath and a fabulous layout!