Friday, February 4, 2011

We're "Stirrin' Up a Lil Love" at Cookin' Up Creations!


The "Stirrin' Up a Li'l Love at Cookin' Up Creations" crop starts at 7 p.m. (eastern) tonight, Friday, with games, challenges and more. It will continue through Sunday evening, with new challenges and games each day. Please come over and join us!

If you are here for the Cookin' Up Creations Blog Hop, please see the post below.

SCRAPTACULAR GUEST DESIGNER! 

I have the honor of being guest designer this month at Scraptacular Kit Club, featuring papers from My Mind's Eye "Fine and Dandy" and "Love Birds" by Fancy Pants.  I'm having so much fun working with the fabulous February kit:



I previously posted  two layouts; here's another one, which shows that this kit is so versatile and can be used for more than Valentine's Day:


The layout design is based on a sketch by Becky Fleck, as shown in the Scrapbook & Cards Today calendar. Here's a close up of the left side:


and the right:

I added my own rick rack; the circle border and flowers were cut from one of the sheets of "Love Birds" paper; I used my own cardstock and border punch, and cut the little fish from felt with a Cuttlebug die.

We were hit earlier this week with 12 inches of snow; my husband was out of town for a business meeting, and there was a two foot drift in front of my garage door; so I stayed inside and scrapped. I finished this layout during the "snow day":


I added my own buttons, flower and cardstock. I cut the journaling tag with Spellbinders dies and the bird with a Quickutz die. A little Stickles outlined the doily beautifully! The sketch is from My Sketch World and is part of the Sketch-A-Thon going on there now. Come over and check it out!

I used the kit for a couple of cards, too. The first one also is a My Sketch World Sketch-A-Thon sketch. The  adorable owl and balloons are from the Cricut Lite "Hoot and Holler" cartridge


For this one, I let the little heart punchies and rhinestones fall from my hand, then adhered them right where the fell. I added the glitter with Stickles.


I still have quite a bit of the papers from that kit left, so you can bet on seeing more creations using it! Thanks for looking -- have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Great work as always barb. Love everytging you've done with the kit!

LisaM said...

Love your creations Barb! Congrats on GDT at Scraptacular!

BabyBokChoy said...

Congrats on the GDT and your projects are really fantastic!

angie gutshall said...

Congrats on the GDT! Love what you did with the kit!

Lori Gentile said...

Congrats, Barb!!!! I love your work. I'm really partial to the 2 pager. You really rocked that!

just jennifer said...

congrats on GDT! such cute layouts! love all your details!

Nathalie said...

Totally rocking pages Barb!!! Your designs and details are fabulous!!! I can't even pick a favorite! :D

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

fabulous stuff!!! awesome!