Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday reveals!

Happy Monday!

We're waiting for a predicted snow fall today -- nothing like the beginning of  the month, though (thank God!). We should be getting somewhere between 1 and 3 inches of snow. And actually, I won't be upset if it happens to miss us .... Is it spring yet?

We're having a great time at Cookin' Up Creations as we continue working with the papers and stickers from Scrappin' Sports & More. As soon as I saw this adorable fishing patterned paper with the big red and white bobbers, I knew I wanted to scrap it. The problem? No fishing photos ... none, nada, zilch. My older daughter came to the rescue, sending me a link for her 2007 vacation photos. An hour later, I was picking up my order at my local Walmart with photos of her and her family fishing in South Dakota. I used a sketch from the latest issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine and treated the bobber graphics almost as photos.  And I kept my embellishments to a minimum, to let the graphics and the photos take center stage.




This week's Nuts About Sketches design is this fabulous two page sketch.


I had some photos of my granddaughter "making someting PWETTY!" in my scrap room for her Mommy and Daddy, but I only had a few photos, so I used just the right side of the sketch. And since I am soooo ready for spring to be here, I pulled out my Echo Park Sweet Summertime kit:



I signed up a while back for an embellishment swap at Cookin' Up Creations, in which each of us provides six sets of handcrafted embellies that could be used together on a project. I couldn't decide between two themes, so I did three of each. My first is a vintage theme. The frame is made from the back of a used up notebook, then painted and crackled. The fluffy flowers are cut with a Sizzix die from old dictionary pages. The rosette is  pleated paper; the technique was in this month's Scrapbooks ETC. The butterfly is cut with a Spellbinders die. And the birdcage is from Cricut Lite's Bloom cartridge.



My second set featured a cute owl family from the Cricut Lite Hoot N Holler cartridge. (You can tell by an earlier post that I LOVE this cartridge!) The label, circles for the flowers and the clouds all were cut with Spellbinders dies.  (The clouds are exclusive to Scrap Mart.)



I was in a mood to experiment over the weekend, so I played with the "chipboard" frame idea and dictionary flowers some more. Here are some of the variations in the flowers, adding more or less spray ink and Stickles:




I combined a frame with a flower, a bling flourish (dyed with alcohol inks because I didn't like the clear rhinestones with the crackled frame), some tea-dyed tulle and glimmer spray babies breath:




Just a couple of reminders -- there is a new "Blue Plate Special" challenge every day (except Monday, when we recap all of the challenges from the previous week) at Cookin' Up Creations. Our design team tries to offer a little something for everybody -- and you could win the monthly Dessert Tray prize package! Be sure to check it out here.

And the Sketch A Thon continues at My Sketch World. All 20 of the sketches are posted for February 1-20, and you have until midnight (PST) March 3 to complete and post them to the gallery. There are some fabulous prizes up for grabs! and the sketches are awesome.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

look at all this great stuff!!! awesome!!