Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday morning reveal

It's been a great week and a fun weekend, with the ongoing Sketch-A-Thon at My Sketch World and the weekend crop at Cookin' Up Creations.

The Sketch-Thon is featuring a new layout or card sketch every day through February 20'; and the deadline for uploading all creations to the gallery is March 3. We have some fun games going, too.  Lucy's sketches are fabulous to work with; and there are some great prizes up for grabs! Be sure to check it out here. I used the sketches for a layout and a card, as shown in an earlier post; and I'm planning to dig into them big-time this week!

The Stirrin' Up a Li'l Love at Cookin's Up Creations crop continues until 6 pm Eastern time tonight. Several games are still ongoing, and we have a total of 10 layout and card challenges to inspire you. And if that isn't enough, check out our February Blue Plate Special challenges -- a new challenge every day! Come on over here to play!

I have just one Design Team reveal to show you today. Our February sponsors at Cookin' Up Creations are Scrappin' Sports N' More and two Etsy shops, Shintashop and The Crafty Pearl. I am one lucky girl to be working with all of their products.

My reveal for today used the "N' More" side of Scrappin' Sports N' More. My packet included some really fun papers meant for creating a calendar, and I used parts of those for two cards. On this one, I used the July paper with these fun fireworks. To add some dimension, I used a Martha Stewart cosmos flower  punch to punch little "starbursts", inked the edges and pop dotted them over the fireworks graphics. I added Stickles and rhinestones for pizzazz (well, it is fireworks paper, after all!) The other papers are from Marks Paper and Basic Grey. That fabulous homespun heart is from Shintashop; she makes the most fun tags!




And on this card, I cut one of the big heart graphics from the February paper, matted it with red cardstock and adhered it to a doily. The red hearts were cut with various punches. I added Stickles, ribbon, a punched border and Thickers letters. I also used that adorable little felt flower and heart embellishment from The Crafty Pearl. I love her felt designs!


This week, I plan to continue playing with Scraptacular's February kit. So many pretty papers in there -- perfect for Valentine's Day, yes; but also for lots of other occasions, or "just because".

Thanks for stopping by; have a wonderful week!