Friday, February 18, 2011

I've been published!

Anyone on ANY of the forums that I frequent or on Facebook probably already knows by now that my layout "Time Out" is in the April issue of Scrapbooks ETC. I'm just a tiny bit excited about this!!! It all came about last May when I created the layout in response to a challenge on the Paper Posies forum, based on a challenge by SBE contributing editor Leah Fung to "use punches creatively". I combined that with Sketch #122 on Sketch Inspirations. Then, just because I like to show off my layouts, I uploaded it to the SBE gallery. And forgot about it ....

..... until I received an email message September 1 from Leah Fung, asking if I would be interested in having my layout published. Oh, let's see .... YES????? and now, nearly six months later, it's published! See page 12 of the April Scrapbooks ETC, and there it is, with my little tips and all! Here is the layout:




Recent Reveals

At Cookin' Up Creations this month, we are fortunate to be working with products from Scrappin' Sports & More. I used baseball-themed paper and added some feminine touches to highlight a photo from the summer my husband coached our youngest daughter's softball team:


 For the February 14 reveal  (Sketch #148) at Nuts About Sketches, I created this layout using the Scraptacular February kit:


And speaking of Scraptacular, I do have a post up on their blog with all the layouts I created with the fun February kit, featuring patterned papers by My Mind's Eye (Fine and Dandy) and Fancy Pants (Love Birds).  I've already posted the layouts here, except for this one:


So far I've created seven pages and a couple of cards, with materials left for at least a couple more. Having a great time as guest designer this month!

Sketch A Thon continues

And the Sketch-A-Thon at My Sketch World is in full swing! There is a new card or layout sketch posted each day, Feb 1-20; and you have until March 3 to upload your creations for a chance at some fabulous prizes! Check it out here.  So far I've completed several of the sketches, including this layout using a Sweet Peach Crop Shop kit from November:

I also made some Valentines and birthday cards using the sketches. :








The little owls are from the Cricut Lite "Hoot N Holler" cartridge available at Walmart. They are just too much fun!

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

LisaM said...

Girl, you are on a roll! I think I need that "Hoot N Hollar" cartridge, super cute cards and love the layouts! Congrats on being pubbed in Scrapbooks Etc!

Julie said...

congrats again barb! great work!

Ilene said...

Such cute cards! And super congrats on being published!!

lisaplus5 said...

congrats on being published Barb!!!! you have been busy!!! beautiful work!

ruth said...

Congrats on the pub!!! That's awesome! I love everything here, but I'll tell ya that those cards are really, really faves of mine!!! Great job!

Lori Gentile said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!! Wow, you have been one busy lady! Awesome work here!

corrie said...

barb, i was looking through my scrapbooks etc this morning and read the caption on your layout and was floored! i knew that name! so cool!! it is a beautiful layout. i am sure you are so excited! congrats!

angie gutshall said...

Congrats!! You amaze me how much you get done! Those cards are so stinkin' cute!!

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

OMG CONGRATS!!!! amazing layout and well deserving of being published!!!