Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Monday and that means ...

... reveal day! I love posting my completed work, so I always look forward to Reveal Mondays.

At Cookin' Up  Creations, the design team has been working all month with products from Scrappin' Sports & More, as well as Etsy crafters Shintashop and The Crafty Pearl. This week I was inspired to create a layout and two cards.

I used the sunny yellow May calendar paper from Scrappin' Sports & More as the background for some photos from a long-ago family vacation. I added a sunflower tag from Shintashop that seemed to be made just for this paper and these photos! I added patterned paper by Little Yellow Bicycle, American Crafts and October Afternoon alphas, and some assorted buttons (which I also added to the sunflower tag for added fun). The Fresh Air embellishment is from the Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge. The sketch is from Sketch Inspiration.


I loved this tag from Shintashop so much that I used it as the inspiration for a birthday card for my grandson. He's going to be 10, and hopefully he will appreciate the corny pun. The papers are October Afternoon and the sketch is by Lucy Chesna at My Sketch World:


I used one of the cute little felt button embellishments by The Crafty Pearl on this little card, along with papers from Tim Holtz Alterations. I haven't included a sentiment, but I think the card would be appropriate for a Valentine, a feminine birthday or "thinking of you" card, or a welcome for a new baby girl.



Next up is my layout for Nuts About Sketches' sketch #150. I remember the old fashioned windmills that powered wells on farms, and still dotted our local rural landscape when I was a child. Today, we have windmills of a different type -- there are several wind farms in our area, harnessing the wind to provide electricity. I've wanted to photograph them but never seemed to have a camera with me when I've driven past. Last month I was on the road early on a Sunday morning, heading to Wisconsin to meet up with my daughters and their children for a weekend at the Dells. The sun was coming up on this farm near Rochelle, IL, and my camera happened to be in the seat beside me. So, I pulled over to the side of the interstate, rolled down my window, leaned out and took a few shots. This is a bit different from my usual scrapping style, but I'm pleased with the result:


The papers are Little Yellow Bicycle's Fresh Print Traveler line; I fussy cut two of the flowers to use as accents.

Thank you, Nuts About Sketches and Shawn!
The page above is my last design team layout for Nuts About Sketches. I'm a big fan of Shawn's sketches, and it's been a pleasure and an honor to serve on her team. NAS will continue to be one of my go-to inspiration sites.

No comments: