Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top 10 Favorites of 2010!



Pick my favorites of the year? That was a lot harder than I thought it would be -- honestly, I love most of the pages I produced this year. Lots of memories here -- a wedding, trips to the zoo and the pool with grandkids, holidays, birthdays, little moments and big ones. My list of favorites will change every time you ask me! 

With all that said, here are my Top 10 Favorite Layouts of 2010 ... right now:



My oldest daughter and her son on Mother's Day; Ethan's face is priceless! 
(photos by Dustin Twing)


Our cat, Ed -- after three years of never leaving the house, he discovered the great outdoors last summer


Ethan couldn't resist imitating the turkeys at a wildlife park 
(Photos by Heather Twing, Kaycee Eklund and myself)


My youngest granddaughter makes a friend at the beach on Lake Michigan


This is my favorite! Anna and I played in the rain after a summer storm -- she wanted to "see the rain" and pretty soon we were wading and squishing our toes in the mud. Haven't had that much fun in the rain for ages!
(Sketch by My Sketch World)


Left side of the layout ...


... and the right 

My husband dancing with our daughter at her wedding reception -- the song choice may have been a bit offbeat but was perfect for the two of them, as the journaling explains
(Photo by Tiffany Doubek Photography; Sketch by Sketch Inspiration)


More phptos from the wildlife park with three of my grandkids and my daughter
(Photos could have been taken by myself, my daughter, my grandson or granddaughter; not sure anymore who took which one, just that I love 'em)
(Sketch by Nuts About Sketches)

 My youngest daughter and her new husband chose "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson for their first dance at their wedding reception. Do you think they remembered there was anyone else in the room?
(Photo by Tiffany Doubek Photography)


This Santa has been present at the mall in Rochester since my grandsons were babies. He is, quite simply, the best Santa ever! My daughter sent me the link for this photo and I knew right away that it would be perfect with this sheet of paper.
(Sketch by My Sketch World)


This layout was the answer to a challenge to compare photos of the same person from one year to the next. The lovely young lady is my middle granddaughter, Shelbie. 

Thanks for looking! Have a great day 

8 comments:

LisaM said...

I know why you had such a hard time choosing, Barb, your layouts are all gorgeous!

Ann said...

Barb, these are all lovely. You have such a nice touch with the little extra details. Your work is so beautiful I bet you could have a top 20, easy!

Nathalie said...

I love seeing the beautiful pages you picked!!! Great variety and great memories!!! Looking forward to another year of inspiration on your blog ;)

Cheryl said...

What a lovely "look back" Barb!! Awesome choices!!

lisaplus5 said...

these are wonderful barb!!!

Celeste B. said...

Great layouts Barb. I love that pic of Ed...I have a big orange cat too.

malwa said...

So many beautiful LOs! I so like the "Let's play piggy...". :)

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful work and love that you have sooo much to offer and a variety of work!!!!! wonderful