Monday, January 3, 2011

Reveals and Christmas layouts!

Happy New Year! I hope you had a great Christmas and holiday season. We celebrated with my mom, our daughters and their families the Saturday before Christmas and visited with our son in Chicago over Christmas weekend (the guys went to the Bears game Sunday afternoon while I shopped and enjoyed a wonderful massage at a lovely spa on Michigan Avenue -- "The Magnificent Mile"!)

The resulting photos already have given me material for design team reveals over the past two weeks. At Nuts About Sketches, sketch #141 was a lovely double pager and was great inspiration for this layout of Christmas with the girls:

This week's sketch, #142, inspired this layout highlighting my vintage styled ornament collection:


Today was reveal day for the January "A Team" sketch at My Sketch World. I've been working with the "Holly Jolly" line from My Mind's Eye for all of these Christmas layouts, and there was this one glorious piece of paper with the perfect Santa graphic. My older daughter sent me a link to her holiday photos, and among them was a great photo of her boys with the Santa at their local mall. The same Santa has been there every year since her older son was a toddler, and he's simply the best Santa EVER. A mall salon curls his hair and beard for him each morning, and he is dressed in leisurely clothing because he's not "at work" yet -- and that big red suit is his "work suit". I simply love this layout:


At Cookin' Up Creations, the design team was fortunate to work in December with products fro s.e.i., Ormolu (an Etsy shop) and stamp sets from Marks Finest Papers. One of the more unusual items in my box was a "My Own Monster" iron on transfer set from s.e.i. and I had the most fun building this cute little character:


and then THIS little character broke a snow globe, covering her pretty Christmas dress in glitter and water; so for the rest of the evening, she paired the shirt with her new tutu:


Is she not a budding fashionista?

Other December releases at Cookin Up Creations included these little cards. I used s.e.i. Kris Kringle papers on both; the bottom one also features the lovely Camellia stamp set  from Marks Finest Papers:



And since I had enough s.e.i. Kris Kringle paper left for one more layout, I created this one with a photo that my daughter took of her younger son. Cameron was talking with his Elf on the Shelf, Junior -- perhaps asking Junior to put in a good word for him with Santa?


Have a great day!

1 comment:

LisaM said...

Gorgeous creations, Barb! Love what you did with the MSW sketch!