Friday, January 28, 2011

January reveals ....

Wow, I've gotten a little behind in posting .... first there were the holidays, then some family things, and then the 'creeping crud' -- some kind of cold/sinus yuk that's been going around. I substitute teach, which means that I come into contact with kids who are coming down with or just getting over colds, coughs .... so glad I got a flu shot last fall!

Anyway .... Shawn has been treating us to some wonderful designs on Nuts About Sketches. This was my design for week #143, with photos from Christmas weekend in Chicago with our younger son:


For week #144, I used some of my favorite photos from younger daughter and son in law's engagement photo shoot back in October 2009. I literally let a handful of buttons drop onto the layout and adhered them where they fell:


Sketch #145 last week was a wonderful two page sketch, with room for tons of photos. But I already had some photos that I wanted to scrap, of my youngest granddaughter's offbeat fashion sense; so I used just one side of the sketch:


This month at Cookin' Up Creations, our theme has been "Out With the Old, In With the New" as the design team scraps our stash.last week, Last week, I couldn't resist scrapping a photo of granddaughter Anna in her snowflake sunglasses. I used Glitz Design papers, Glitz and Prima embellishments. I also included a wonderful littlefelt owl from Lucismiles, an Etsy store crafter who has been kind enough to sponsor our design team this month. May I present Baby GaGa:


I also used a felt heart embellishment from Lucismiles on a birthday card (which I gave to my mom last week):


Both My Sketch World and Cookin' Up Creations have several challenges going this month (with prizes involved!) Here are a couple of my favorite creations for those.

My grandson Cameron loves taking karate lessons! I did this layout as part of My Sketch World's One Hour Photo Challenge. I am a slow scrapper by nature, so I'm really pleased that I was able to come up with this in just one hour:


And a few cards ... 




Have a great weekend! 


5 comments:

ruth said...

Wow....everything is gorgeous!!! I seriously love it all! I'm snatching one idea right away though....the title "marry me". So simple, but why didn't I think of that? LOL :) Perfect for photos of my son & his fiance from their engagement at Thanksgiving.

Nathalie said...

So many great projects Barb!!! They're lovely and I smiled at your positioning system for buttons! ;)

Lori Gentile said...

Wow, Barb! Your work is really gorgeous! I am especially fond of your 2 pager, but it all looks wonderful!

LisaM said...

Beautiful work, Barb! Love the Baby Gaga!

angie gutshall said...

You have been busy!! Love the cards and layouts!! So pretty :)