Monday, January 10, 2011

And the "Best of the Rest"!

I posted my 10 favorite layouts of 2010 last week; but I was busy with other, non-layout projects too. Here are 10 of my favorites from the "other stuff":

1.  One of the happiest and biggest events for our family in 2010 was our younger daughter's wedding. I kept myself busy during the months leading up to The Big Day by creating a series of displays to fit into 5 x 7 acrylic easels for the reception tables. This is my favorite:


The biggest challenge in creating those displays was keeping them flat so they would slip into those easel frames -- no easy task for a "lumpy bumpy" scrapper like me!

2. Last year, my older daughter created an adorable Advent calendar using a mini muffin tin. I used the idea for a Halloween treat container:



3. I always loved Halloween when my kids were young, and I still like creating fun decorations and cards. The papers and embellishments are so much fun to work with! This year, the Cookin Up Creations design team were given acrylic albums to work with by Midnight Oil Scrapbook Design, our October sponsor. This is what I did with mine:



4. I used the mini muffin tin idea for my own Advent calendar this year:






5.  I found some long forgotten vintage collage papers in my stash, just in time for a vintage card challenge at My Sketch World. I love this one so much I haven't been able to bring myself to give it to anyone!


6. The Halloween in Wonderland papers from Graphic 45 were great for cards, including this one for one of my granddaughters:


7. Did I mention I love making Halloween cards?

8.  My husband's aunt celebrated her 80th birthday, so I used a photo of her and a friend in their younger days to create a card for her. Crate Paper Restoration is one of my favorite lines of 2010;


9. I picked up the cutest Quickutz tree die and used it to make Christmas cards for friends. This was my favorite of the bunch:


10. This one was really simple, but I liked the effect of the big flower and the embossed stamping:



 Thanks for looking! Have a great day!

5 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

gorgeous projects!!!I couldn't even pick a fave, your work is amazing!!!! stunning stuff :)

~jan said...

Wow, Barb! Such wonderful projects! Your blog is terrific! Im so glad we have you to inspire us at MSW!

Bev said...

fabulous projects and LO's. Great design and style... congrats

Nicole said...

Your projects are breathtaking, Barb! Congratulations on a year's worth of beautiful work!

Cheryl said...

Awesome choices, Barb!! Congratulations!!