Friday, December 3, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

I can't believe how quickly the weeks seem to fly by, from Halloween through the new year. Christmas is only 3 weeks away! My Christmas shopping is started, but haven't gotten the tree up or decorated yet. Maybe this weekend .... the 3 to 6 inches of snow that's being forecast for our area should put me in the holiday mood, huh?

I did make some holiday tags this week for a swap, using one of Tim Holtz' "12 Tags of Christmas 2009" for inspiration. It was great fun inking and stamping the papers and cutting out the birds and branches!


The bird is a Spellbinders die and makes a great cardinal or blue jay, depending on the color of cardstock you use.

Monday was the December sketch reveal day at My Sketch World. Although I'm on the Layout Design Team, this month I created a card instead using Lucy's fabulous sketch and a new Quickutz die that I bought and couldn't wait to try. This was just so much fun to do! The Happy Holidays is from the Cricut Lite Jolly Holidays cartridge. That cute little button is a Cuttlebug die.

Be sure to join us on My Sketch World Forum for some great layout and card challenges this month. For each challenge you complete, you get an entry into the drawing for a great prize package. Now how cool is that?

Monday's reveal on the  Cookin' Up Creations blog was the last one using products by our November sponsor, Midnight Oil Scrapbook Design. I used a PageMaps sketch as my inspiration (and also as one of the Blue Plate Special challenges on the site) and created a layout of our little dog, Coco. I cut a piece of the paw print Intricacy laser cut paper from MOSD and used it as a scalloped edge on my design.


This dog is really difficult to photograph, so I was pleased to get this many photos from her recent "photo shoot" while she sat on my husband's lap (Coco is a bit of a 'Daddy's girl')

In December, the CUC Design Team will be working with papers and other products from SEI, Marks Finest Papers (I received some truly awesome stamps in my package!) and tags from Ormolu Etsy Shop. And the Design Team has planned a whole month's worth of fabulous Blue Plate Special challenges for you, so be sure to come on over to the Cookin' Up Creations Forum and check it out. This is going to be a great month!

This week's sketch #137 at Nuts About Sketches was so much fun to do! There were some creative shapes and double banners, which took me a bit out of my usual comfort zone. I used yummy Sassafras Indie Girl papers for a layout of photos from "Boo at the Zoo" with youngest granddaughter and her parents.


I have more photos to scrap, so I'll do a second page later and turn this into a two page layout.

And last but certainly not least .... be sure to catch the Paper Secrets' Holiday Blog Hop, from Friday-Monday December 10-13! The hop begins on Kristi's blog.  I am #7 on the blog route, and I'm working now on a fun holiday project to show you. Be sure to visit all 25 blogs along the way and leave a comment at each one, plus the Paper Secrets site, for a chance to win one of three fabulous prizes!

Thanks for stopping by -- have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Barbara said...

Barb, I've always enjoyed your layouts, but that one of the puppy dog is absoultely DARLING!! What a sweetheart!! And your paw border is awesome. :-)

lisaplus5 said...

i agree that puppy dog lo is SOOOOO cute! i really like those tags, too! so beautiful!

ruth said...

As always EVERYTHING is awesome! I really love your tags! My mom loves anythign with cardinals and I think I might have to make her some ornaments...tag style of course. :)

Janine Rachau said...

I know to look forward to your posts! :) Great tags, card & layouts! And, what an adorable doggie!!

Yara said...

Oh Barb! These tags are beautiful! Like very much the other projects too!

angie gutshall said...

I love those tags (I need to make some)! And those layouts are just gorgeous!

Lori Gentile said...

Awesome job on everything! I love, love those tags!

Theresa said...

love your nuts about sketches layout. love the banners on that. I've been watching the 12 tags at Tim's blog too. very cute tags that you did. =)