Friday, November 26, 2010

This week's reveals!

So ... did you have a good Thanksgiving? Hope it was filled with fellowship, family and friends, food and fun! My husband and I traveled to his brother's house, along with two dozen friends and relatives, for a wonderful feast. As always, the holiday week started off with Monday reveals. 

 Monday's design team reveals at Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Creations featured products from Midnight Oil Scrapbook Design. I designed two cards this week. The first one used a piece of floral Intricacy die cut paper that I saved from an earlier layout, coupled with patterned paper and chipboard stickers from Chatterbox and epoxy stickers from Colorbok:


The second card featured part of a layered laser cut border design, dressed up with Stickles glitter glue. I used tags from a MOSD embellishment kit for the balloons.


My Nuts About Sketches reveal for this week was a two pager based on Shawn's Sketch #136. I always love Shawn's double layout sketches because they always help me get in lots of photos without feeling that it's too crowded. The photos from this week's sketch were taken at the farmer's market in Rochester, MN last month. The papers are Jillibean Soup and Girls Paperie. 



This layout also was the subject of my "What's New Wednesday" challenge at Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Creations. The newest issue of Creating Keepsakes'  Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks was full of ideas for using stamps and ink on your layouts. I wanted to use kraft cardstock for the background on this layout, but it needed a little oomph! I used a background stamp, a collage stamp and two colors of ink to stamp a mat for two of the photos. 


I started by cutting out a "template" from a piece of copy paper in the size I wanted my mat to be; placed it on my background paper; and stamped with green distressing ink and my background stamp.I overstamped onto the white paper to make sure that I filled my mat area.



Next, I stamped with brown ink and the collage stamp. Again, I overstamped onto the white paper and turned my stamp to use different parts of the design.







It still wasn't enough of a punch, so I used watercolor pencils to color in the designs and lightly went over them with a damp cotton swab to blend the colors for a watercolor effect. This is a close up of the completed mat with photo:




This was lots of fun and something that I definitely will try again! 


Thanks for stopping by! 

7 comments:

ruth said...

Oh I LOVE what you did with that background!!! I will have to try that. Great layouts!!

Nathalie said...

I LOVE your double pager! Everything about it is appealing! I think the photos are fabulous too! Love the detail shots!!!

Julie said...

love it all girl! funny how we both did a background technique for mondays nuts sketch!!!! great minds!

Miss Misi said...

Great projects but the LO is my favorite. I love your photos!

Janine Rachau said...

Great stuff! Especially love the stamped background,...beautiful!

Lori Gentile said...

Wow! You were a busy, busy scrapper! I love it all, especially the first card!

BabyBokChoy said...

These are awesome projects!! TFS!!! Great ideas.