Friday, November 19, 2010

Re-purposing that themed holiday paper

We all have it somewhere in our stash -- the leftover paper from holidays past. Do we wait for the holiday to roll around again, only to forget to use it, or do we pass it up for this year's new goodies? 

At My Sketch World forum this month, design team member Ann challenged us to use our holiday or themed paper for a purpose other than the theme for which the paper was intended. And that worked perfectly with Monday's reveal at Cookin' Up Creations. The sponsor this month is Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs, and  I had the pleasure of working with their heart Intricacy laser cut paper. I teamed it with some leftover Fancy Pants Valentine's Day paper for a Halloween layout of my youngest granddaughter in her butterfly costume:




"Blackbird" is a Halloween line, but it also worked with photos from an afternoon picking apples and pumpkins with my oldest daughter and her family:


Monday is also reveal day for Nuts About Sketches, and I created another Halloween layout with Sketch #135. The papers are the fabulous "Blackbird" line from My Mind's Eye, and the handsome young Ninjas are two of my grandsons:



Last weekend I signed up for the One Hour Layout Sketch Challenge at My Sketch World; then I was 15 minutes late to the challenge! Normally I'm a slow scrapper, but I really, really wanted to finish the challenge, so I created this one in about 35 minutes.

We needed a card to send to my husband's aunt for her 80th birthday. We happened to have this cute photo of her and a friend as young women, which I copied and paired with Crate Paper Restoration papers.


Want to win a mini-kit from Little Red Scrapbook? Then go here!  You have until Sunday at midnight (EST) to post and enter at the Cookin' Up Creations Blog! Good luck!

11 comments:

Heather ,Dustin ,Ethan ,Cameron ,Lenny ,Ozzy ,Marley said...

Love the Valentine paper for Halloween! It goes great with the costume. And the orchard LO is fabulous. Love the embellies and the photo arrangement.

Yara said...

Barb: Love of the layouts, especially the one with the Saint Valentine papers! Too cute!!

Also, I want to invite you to submit this layout to Scrapbookers-Anonymous November Challenge,

http://scrapbookers-anonymous.blogspot.com/

I will be very happy to participate with us!

Nathalie said...

Great looking projects Barb!!! I LOVE the first one with the Valentine's papers and the card at the end is just priceless! + I can't believe you managed to make that LO in 35 minutes!!! That would be so hard for me!

angie gutshall said...

Barb, You did a great job on all you layouts!
I just love that butterfly one :)

Janine Rachau said...

So many wonderful creations!! I, especially love the DPS and the Crate Paper projects!

ruth said...

I love them all! How cool to use Valentine paper for the Love Bug page....super cute.

My fave is the hayride layout........love that tree too!!!

Karen Williams said...

My goodness you have been busy with your holiday paper- love the pumpkins on the hayride Lo and the lovebug Lo is super sweet

Thanks for joining us at Scrapbookers Anonymous

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Great layouts and thinking outside the box on your papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Lea said...

Wow, what fun layouts! So glad you submitted to us as well!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous!

Deb Hickman said...

Love all your LO's and great use of holiday papers !!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapbookers Anonymous.

Lynnda Hosni said...

WOW Barb.... Fantastic... fun layouts.... So happy that you decided to play along with us at scrapbookers anonymous...simply beautiful...xx