Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Sunday!

I loved, loved, loved both of the sketches for last Monday's reveals! This was my layout for Sketch #133 at Nuts About Sketches. I incorporated an idea -- to outine the center area with marker -- from the current issue of Creating Keepsakes. The papers are Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers. The photos were taken by my older daughter, and those are two of my adorable grandsons!


Monday also was the November reveal at My Sketch World. The photos were taken on one of the hottest days of the summer, when I took my youngest granddaughter to the zoo. This was her first carousel ride. The papers and stickers are Echo Park.


Did you know that sketch artist Lucy Chesna and the MSW Design Team offer some great monthly challenges? Go here for inspiration. And this month, participants will be entered into a drawing for a fabulous prize pack -- one entry for EACH layout or card challenge you complete! 


Monday also was reveal day at Cookin' Up Scrapbooking Challenges! This month we are fortunate to be working with products generously provided by Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs. I used their Floral Intricacy laser cut paper, paired with Zinnia papers from Little Yellow Bicycle, to create a layout:


I cut out the part of the laser cut sheet that's hidden by the mustard cardstock; it will be used for a card later this month. 

The Cookin' Up Design Team offers a "Blue Plate Special" challenge every day except Monday (that's our catch-up and reveal day).  Check it out here!

I created these two layouts last week for the BPS challenges:

These two boo-ti-ful ghouls are my older daughter and son-in-law, dressed in their Halloween finery. The photo was taken by my grandson. Papers are from the fabulous My Mind's Eye Blackbird line. The background paper is by Sandylion. (I used a craft knife to cut around the fence on the background paper and then slipped the argyle paper underneath so I wouldn't lose any of the fabulous fence design.)


My husband and I spent Halloween weekend visiting our younger daughter and her family. We all attended Boo at the Zoo, where we were greeted eagerly by the four-month-old lion cub twins: 


Thanks for looking. Have a fabulous Sunday! 

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

So glad you joined the hop this weekend :) You always have such a great array of pages! They are all fantastic with great designs, colors and details! Great work Barb!

BabyBokChoy said...

Happy Sunday to you and your blog is always such a treat to visit. You load it up with so many beautiful creations at once. The designs are just fantastic!!! fabulousness Barb!

Julie said...

rock on barb!!!