Friday, October 15, 2010

Welcome to the Paper Secrets Spooky Blog Haunt!!!


Welcome to your 30th stop on the Paper Secrets Spooky Blog Haunt. If you are following the links from the beginning, you should have come from Sonja's fantastic blog.  If you just happened upon this blog and wish to participate in the blog hop, please start at the Paper Secrets forum here. 

Today, I'm excited to share my Witch Hat Centerpiece with you. The inspiration came from a hat created by MargieH on  the
Spellbinders Paper Arts blog. Right away I fell in love with Margie's centerpiece and knew that I wanted to make one myself. 






I started out with a paper mache cone, which I covered with patterned paper from Pink Paislee "Twilight". The brim was cut from an embossed glossy cardstock with a Curvy Cutter by EK Success. I cut a smaller circle from the brim and inserted a snug made from a band of cardstock, allowing me to tilt the hat so the brim is elevated a bit in front when it sits on a table.




The fun part was decorating the hat! The fence and black cat are Spellbinders dies; I adhered metallic origami paper to cardstock before die cutting and embossing to get that marvelous electric blue. The pumpkin is a Bosskuts die and embossing folder set.






The witch tag and Mad Hatter insert are from Graphic 45's Halloween in Wonderland line. I used watercolor pencil to tint the Mad Hatter's hat. The Trick card is by Jenni Bowlin. The flowers are Prima. The key is from my stash, with a jewel accent.


I bought the bat die cut at a scrapbook store, but I think it's a Sizzix die. I used Stickles to accent the silhouette. The spider button is suspended with Divine Twine from Whiskers Graphics, which is one of our product sponsors this month for the Design Team at Cookin' Up Creations. I wound the twine around a pencil, sprayed with hair spray and dried with a hair dryer to get that curly effect.


I finished up with wired ribbon and some white tulle.

You're almost done with the blog haunt! Your next stop  is  Veronica's blog.  Wait until you see the eye candy she has prepared for you ... 


 BUT WAIT! Before you go ... Remember to leave a comment on this blog and all of the other participating blogs for your chance to win!!!! Paper Secrets is giving this fantastic prize to three lucky winners, whose names will be drawn from among everyone who completed the blog hop and left comments on all 31 stops. One of those winners could be YOU!!!


And I've also got a little treat to give away! If you are or become a follower of my blog  AND post a  comment here, you will also be entered to win a package of beautiful Prima Ballerina Blooms from me! (shipping to US and Canada only)




And now, on to the next stop on the haunt. In case you get lost, you can find a complete blog list here.   And be sure to post on the Paper Secrets forum thread as your final stop to let them know you've completed the blog! Good luck at winning one of those fabulous prizes! And now -- on to   Veronica's blog!


Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful Halloween! 

93 comments:

Scrappy Do said...

I adore that centerpiece!

Michele said...

Love that little hat centerpiece! TFS. I'm a follower now too.

Kristi B. said...

OMG Barb! This is soooo cool!!!! :)

:corinne: said...

Super cute centerpiece! Thanks for sharing.

christys_scrappin said...

Great project! Love, love it! Very talented work! WOW!
Hope you can follow me!

http://christysscrappin.blogspot.com/

Giovana said...

The centerpiece is a master piece, so creative!!

The Scrappin Mammaw said...

Oh my gosh this is the cutest thing!

Diane said...

What a fancy hat! That would look awesome as a centerpiece on a table of spooky treats!

bethping said...

Barb you did a great job on that! Margie will be so proud! Its so very cute!!

Andrea said...

Okay, that centerpiece is Awesome!! I'm a follower now!

shari said...

Your centerpiece is Fabulous! I love it. I'm following you now. Shari (cricutrookie)

Kathy Carr said...

Your centerpiece is fantastic! I'm a follower now! Kathy Carr kacarr61

Miss Jaster said...

Very cute! & I must say, your blog background is delightful! It inspires me. :)

I follow you now. :)

Gloria said...

omg how cute

Theresa said...

Love, Love, Love your witch hat! And I also love your blog background....super cute!

Hope you have a happy Halloween. I am now a follower and I look forward to coming back soon!!

theresa
Tshreve2@gmail.com

Donna said...

Oh I love the witches hat center piece~ I am now a follower. Thanks for the fun blog hop~!

Just A Pac Rat said...

Very nice hat!

Happy Halloween!

http://circlebenterprises.blogspot.com/

Sandy S. said...

Wow.... that is a great center piece. I would have never thought of doing that. I might have to try! ;) Thanks for the great blog hop!

Sandy

Jewels said...

Oh-Mee-Gee this is GORGEOUS!

Shirley said...

What a wonderful centerpiece!

bluecrayons said...

Ty for the chance to get my hip-pity hop on. love it and im a following you. hat is spooktacular

Scrappy Jackie said...

That is a great project! I want one just like it! Thanks for the idea and sharing it with us! I am a happy new follower of your blog! I would love it if my number was chosen for those little flowers! They are adorable... how can you share them with us... just kidding! THank you! I am enjoying this hop!

Minta's Creations said...

I love the cone! You did a good job.
Minta

mintab@gmail.com

Lori Gentile said...

Now that is one adorable hat! I LOVE it! Rock on!

jennyplace2 said...

Such a great hat, wish I still had parties, I wou;d make one! TFS

Josie0602 said...

Following your blog....fantastic centerpiece!!!

http://www.sonjasscrapbookspot.blogspot.com

silvia said...

Fabulous hat!! LOVE the Graphic 45!!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the witch hat--great job!
I am a follower!
thanks for a chance at a giveaway
kmassman gmail

Rochelle said...

I am lost for words! This hat is tooooooooo fabulous!!!! WOW!!!! I am a follower!

Theresa said...

WOW!!! what an awesome project!
i'm now a follower!

Theresa N.

Peggy said...

WOW! This is AMAZING!

Sharon said...

How cool is that hat? Wow lots of detail!!! Enjoyed reading about how you made it! Follower now!

R said...

That is the cutest witch's hat I've ever seen! TFS

~Robin Redd

Vicki said...

Your centerpiece is amazing. I am now a follower. Can't wait to see more of your work.

Shirley said...

Barb I absolutely love your hat centerpiece!! What a fun idea! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and making this a fun blog hop!

I am now a "Follower"

asapr@comcast.net

Justy said...

Great job on your witch's hat centerpiece. Lots of nice detail. I'm now a follower!

Denise said...

Love the hat, and your blog.
I'm a follower now.. thanks for the chance to win.

Happy Halloween!
lecantojack@gmail.com

Debbie Johnson said...

what a great centerpiece

Caroline said...

What a great project...it's so stinkin cute!!! Glad I'm following for a chance at those flowers...also adorable!!

www.lifeinalayout.blogspot.com

daffy said...

love the center piece so cute
im now a follower of your bolg
caorlyn h
http://www.sonjasscrapbookspot.blogspot.com

Sophisticated Glamorina said...

uber cute!

Dawn said...

I am in love with the witches hat.

debpaint16 said...

What a great centerpiece....so much detail!!
I am one of your followers, now...thanks for the great ideas!!

debpaint16@aol.com

Renai said...

Very creative!!! Nice details

creative patti said...

Too cute, love it!!!

Lesley from WI said...

Wow...that hat is amazing. Beautiful job!!

onlycarol1 said...

OMGosh that is so cute. I love the idea of using it as a centerpiece. Fab job! TFS
I'm signing on as a follower so that I can see more of your work. Thanks.

Julie said...

that is so stinkin cute barb!!!

Gab said...

Hi Barb, I love your blog! And that project is just too cute!

Tina said...

Super cute project, love it!

Becky said...

okay that hat is beyond to cute

Sister of Scrap said...

Great project! I love your blog, so now I'm a follower!
dreamsandmemories@yahoo.com

SnowflakeDreams1 said...

Very cute idea. real creative.

queta_r21@msn.com

Lacey said...

What a cute center piece!!!!

I'm a follower!

tallulah1 said...

I love it! I love all the elenments you used! Great centerpiece! Became a follower and thanks for a chance to win those yummy flowers!!

Julie said...

ohhhh this is amazing, I want to make one now thanks for the inspiration and I am a follower

Renee said...

Love the hat!! so cute!

Kathy's Kreative Spot said...

Love your witches hat centerpiece. i am a new follower.

Kathy
Katsews at gmail dot com

lisaplus5 said...

just amazing!!! this is so creative :)

Katie Scott Scrapbooking said...

LOVE the witch hat & the look of your blog - awesome!

mabiegamble said...

What a cute and detailed centerpiece! Thanks so much!

JeNn said...

What a cute hat for a centerpiece. wonderful!

lynn.j.anderson@gmail.com

etdevlie said...

i love your center piece It is so adorable!

etdevlie said...

I am a new subscriber too.

Lisa aka Raining said...

LOVE your hat!!! Great job! I am now a follower! Thank you!

Christine from FL said...

Love the hat, it so sooo cute!

Janine Rachau said...

What an adorable centerpiece!!

Lindy said...

I'm a follower.

I absolutely LOVE the witch's hat....all that detail is amazing. TFS

Jamie said...

What a cute idea for a decoration! I am following you.

Karle said...

i am following. what a great hat. xoxo cake35@comcast.net

Kathy said...

-cute hat, I am a follower, thanks for sharing.

NANCY DARE said...

I love your Witch Hat Centerpiece!!!..now a follower

Debs Doodles and More said...

what a great centerpiece, it sure would dress up a halloween party table

Lilygirl said...

Your centerpeice is awsome!! TFS!! I am now a follower!!

A Scrap Above said...

Hi Barb~
This is so spooky cool! I love everything about it, the bat, hat, spider, mad hatter, key.. I could go on and on...
TFS and a chance to win, I am now a follower.
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
a_scrap_above(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sharon's blog said...

What a great project!!!
slbertolino@gmail.com

Jean Marie said...

What a wonderful Witches Hat! Love all the elements and dimensions to this project! Beautiful work!

Barbara said...

I am a new follower from the blog hop. Your witches hat is awesome. Thanks for sharing.

barbara614@insightbb.com

trisha too said...

Wonderful hat--love all the details!!

Following!!

:)

Mylinny said...

Love the witch's hat center piece...now to plan a party so I can use this idea...hmmm.

Pam said...

Love love love the hat! What an awesome centerpiece.

Pamela said...

This is so cool! I love it! :)

ruth said...

What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing how you did the spiral twine...I think I will tuck that idea away and use it. :)

Noels said...

what awesome projects


i have become a follower too

mothtalk said...

What a witchy fabulous hat! I'm now a follower, too!

scrappergrl said...

OMGoodness the projects keep getting cuter as we go along!! This hat centerpiece is AMAZing!! Love it!! I'm your newest follower now!

Brittney said...

Oh my goodness, that is the most adorable thing ever. So cute, but uber spooky! I love it. And, I'm a follower =)

Lisa C. said...

Wow - I love the witches hat centerpiece!! There's so many great details you put together!

Lisa C. said...

I'm now a follower:)

Jen said...

I love that witch's hat!!!!! SOOOO cute! I wanna make one now! LOL! The details and decorations are just perfect - and I adore Graphic 45, of course! I signed up to follow you, too! :)

Ulysses' mama said...

What a cute witches hat! All the detail is amazing! Love it!
daladypej@gmail.com

Cottagerca said...

thanks for posting the detail on your lovely centre piece. appreciate that, as some of us, would like to scrap jack that work of art.
ava
cottagerca
following

jennmom2000 said...

Barb, I've always been a big fan, and a follower! YOur project rocks!