Saturday, October 2, 2010

RevealDay and World Card Making Day events!

Yesterday was October 1, which meant the reveal of the first of two monthly layout sketches at My Sketch World.

Lucy's fabulous sketch is here.

And here's my take on it:


And a couple of close-ups:



The papers were from Webster's Pages, which are gorgeous; but I always have trouble cutting into them! I don't want to waste or ruin one tiny bit of the beautiful motifs. Before I start, I always have to remind myself "it's only paper!"

It's a World Card Making Day Crop

at Cookin' Up Creations! Join the fun all day today for challenges, games, and chatter. And you have until NEXT Saturday to finish and upload your cards to be eligible for prizes. Check it out here today!

World Card Making Crop at My Sketch World!

Meanwhile, My Sketch World is hosting a World Card Making Crop from today until October 16. There will be loads of challenges, games and tutorials. Go here to be a part of the fun!

And I'm so excited to present my first monthly layout challenge at MSW. We're using "The Addams Family" -- one of my favorite TV shows when I was a child in the '60's -- as our inspiration this month!

How many of you remember this theme song (from the television series in the '60's and the movies in the '80's):

They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky
They're all together ooky, the Addams Family
Their house is a museum, when people come to see-em
They really are a scre-um the Addams Family
(spoken: Neat, sweet, petit!)
So get a witch's shawl on, a broomstick you can crawl on
We're going to make a call on the Addams Family

Halloween is coming soon; and to me, the Addams Family are the “first family of Halloween”. So, in this challenge, we'll be paying homage to this kooky, spooky clan.

You can take anything you wish from the song as inspiration (use any of the words in title or journaling; scrap a photo of someone in a spooky costume or acting kooky, our house decorated for halloween; etc); just tell us what inspired you. 

AND … to make it even more interesting … let's include something black (like Morticia's and Gomez's hair) and something silver (for those cobwebs that so artfully decorated their home) 

Here's a little reminder of the Addams Family in all their fun creepiness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVDJvrBFDDc

You can find the challenge on the MSW forum!

And I'll leave you with a card I created for the vintage cardcontest at MSW sponsored in September by Cupcards to Go:



Have a fantastic weekend!

7 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

I cannot believe that you are using The Addams Family for a challenge. I have this already planned for a challenge of mine next week!!! Well, as they say, great minds think alike! Fortunately, my challenge will be quite different though,....phwew,...don't want to start over on the plans,...not to mention how upset my partner in this challenge will be since she is already working on her project.

Sorry, I'm rambling!!

I love your Webster's layout and I never want to cut their pages either. To make things worse, I have resented the cutting before when I got a second idea once to do with a magnificent sheet.

Still rambling!

I especially, love your circle element. It is beautiful with the pearls. Your card is fabulous too!

Thanks for letting me carry on. :)

Yara said...

Beautiful layout! Love the pearls details! And the card is awesome, love the design!

just jennifer said...

Love what you did with the webster pages pp! I know how hard it is to cut into some of that beautiful paper... but then look at what you create!! Love it!

Candace H said...

Gorgeous layout and I ♥ your vintage card! Um, and now I leave you to go on about my way singing The Addams Family song in my head, lol!

Barb P said...

Hee hee, sorry about that Candace! Thanks for stopping by!

Lori Gentile said...

Wow! Gorgeous work! I love both!

angie gutshall said...

Love what you did with those papers!