Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This week's reveals

As always, Monday was reveal day for Nuts About Sketches. If Shawn's twp page sketches rock!

Here's this week's sketch:


And here's my take on it:


My daughter Heather took these photos on her younger son's first day of kindergarten (older brother started fourth grade two days earlier). The papers are Girls Paperie On Holiday. The vintage game card was from my stash -- don't you just love it?

Last week's sketch was a one pager:


and here's my layout. The colors in my photo clashed so badly -- my granddaughter's magenta and black jacket, her blue pants, the rust colored wall, the orange pumpkins -- so I converted it to black and white, then added the color back to the pumpkins. The papers are My Mind's Eye Blackbird. So cute!


Be sure to stop by the blog and check out the layouts by the entire design team. 


On Cookin' Up Creations, Monday is reveal day with projects using materials provided by our sponsors. This month, I've been fortunate to work with Unity Stamps and Whisker Graphics' Divine Twine. 

Last week, my assignment was to create an altered project. I revealed my witch hat, which also starred on my Spooky Blog Haunt post; and this little gift bag and candy bar wrap. I used the twine to wrap the bag handles and candy bar, and to fill the button hole. The little tea set is from Unity's "Berry Good Time: set:


This week, I revealed a layout, again using the tea set stamp. This time, I laced the twine through the border punch:


All of the talented design team's projects can be seen on the Cookin' Up Creations blog; and please be sure to join us on the forum for friendship and the Blue Plate Special daily challenges. Each month, anyone who completes at least 15 of the BPS challenges will be entered into a prize drawing.

Have a great week!

No comments: