Friday, October 22, 2010

Some Halloween crafting!

I love Halloween papers and embellishments! They are just so much FUN! I have some Pink Paislee Twilight and a parts of a couple other lines left from previous years, as well as some fun stickers and such. But I just bought the October "Juicy" kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop, featuring the adorable Blackbird line by My Mind's Eye. I had to rip into the kit right away .....

My daughter used a 24-cup mini muffin tin last Christmas season to create an adorable Advent calendar treat container. It looked so cute hanging on her kitchen wall! I decided to adapt the design for a Halloween version.

This is what I came up with:


The only thing I bought specifically for this project was the muffin tin. Everything else was already in my stash. Each square is held in place by pieces of magnet tape:


The magnet tape holds the squares in place -- even when the tin is hanging on the wall -- but allows for easy removal to get to the treats inside.

This has been a pretty crafty week, actually. Yesterday on the Cookin' Up Creations Scrapbooking Forum, I presented the Transformation Thursday challenge by altering two cute miniature wooden birdhouses from a local dollar store.

This is what I started with:



And this is what they looked like when I painted the trim and covered them with paper"


All of this week's "Blue Plate Special" challenges at Cookin' Up Creations used a pink theme in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I used pink papers and topped them with pink bows. Each of the houses received a different roof treatment:


This weekend I'm hoping to get my Halloween cards done (can't wait to work more with all the fun Halloween stuff!) and hopefully joining in an online crop or two. 

Have a great weekend! 

11 comments:

Julie said...

Cute cute. Cute barb!!!!

ruth said...

REally, really cute projects!! I love both the tin & the birdhouses....so different, but both so fun!

I'm assuming that is a mini muffin tin since it has 24 slots. It's pretty close to halloween, but I still *might* try one for my nieces & nephew. :)

Beth said...

Very cute, love the pan!

just jennifer said...

that's so awesome! I love the muffin tin... if only there was more time! :)

Beautiful birdhouses too!

Janine Rachau said...

Wonderful projects! I have been holding onto a birdhouse that I've had for over 20 years to alter. Don't know why it has never taken a priority status. Yours are terrific and very inspirational! Love the painted trim, the flowers at the openings, the ric rac and the roof treatments. Definitely ideas that I will be storing. :)

The Scrapping Edge said...

Wonderful creations this week Barb. I really love the muffin tin and those bird houses are too cute.

trisha too said...

Sweet project, Barb!!

trisha too said...

PROJECTS. Sweet (plural) projects.

Dang, I hate it when I typo in comments; then if you delete, everyone wonders, hmmmmm, why did they delete that?

Or is that just me?

;)

Barb P said...

LOL, I do that sometimes too, Trisha! Wish Blogger allowed time to edit the typos. Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comment(s).

Nathalie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tin and I really want to make one for Xmas now! I just have to find some of that "magnetic tape" you are talking about.

BabyBokChoy said...

Unbeleivable. I just know you will have a ton of fantastic projects to showcase. Of course I love that cookie sheet alteration project, it's so fabulous!