Friday, October 29, 2010

A few cards and the Monday reveals

I love making Halloween cards for my grandkids, so I had a blast this week! I had leftover Pink Paislee "Twilight" papers from last year to work with. Then I added some Graphic 45's "Halloween in Wonderland" and My Mind's Eye "Blackbird".

Here's a slide show of the resulting creations:



I found a lot of inspiration in this month's "Blue Plate Special" challenges offered by the Design Team on Cookin' Up Creations. You can check them out here. And the arch cards were inspired by a challenge from Card Design Team member Cheryl on My Sketch World. (She even provided the template!) Go here to join in the fun! Check back often to see the ever-changing challenges and creations on both forums.

As always, Monday was reveal day both for Nuts About Sketches and Cookin' Up Creations.

This was my layout for Nuts About Sketches sketch #132:


This was the final week for the Cookin' Up Creations Design Team to work with Divine Twine from Whisker Graphics and stamp sets from Unity Stamp Company. All of us have had a wonderful time designing with the fun products so generously provided by both companies!  I created two cards:

This one used all three stamps in the "Berry Good Life" Unity set. I used a masking technique on the front to combine the sentiment with the basket motif and accented the design with Divine Twine:


 I combined a Unity stamp with the clock motif from Stampin' Up for the inside:



The other was a Halloween card using the twine with Graphic 45's fabulous Halloween in Wonderland line. I did a bit of fussy cutting and added paint and glitter embossing for extra pizazz:


And I used the tea set stamp and twine again on the inside:



Thanks for looking -- and have a BOO-TI-FUL Halloween! 

5 comments:

Nathalie said...

Wonderful creations Barb! I love your Monday reveal and those shaped Halloween cards!
Have a happy Halloween! :D

nursela said...

Boo-t-full Cards! I'm not much of a stamper. Did you color in the basket/strawberries etc. with Copic Markers or something similar?

Gab said...

Barb, you have been busy! Love all your projects and I love your blog too - very cool!

twinkles11 said...

wow lots of fun projects. love your cards! my fave is the one with the Graphic 45 but the rest are great.

Theresa said...

wow, all the cards are awesome and that NAS layout is fantastic. =) love those photos.

Happy Halloween!!!!!