Friday, September 24, 2010

Yes, I believe in fairies ....

...or at least this little one who visited with us last weekend!



I had picked up a fun set of pink fairy wings and a matching wand at Dollar Tree a couple of weeks ago, much to granddaughter Anna's delight when she and her parents were here for the weekend. I couldn't resist taking pictures of her playtime, and then of course I had to scrap them.

The first layout was done during a one hour sketch challenge last Saturday at My Sketch World forum. Anna actually "helped" me: I gave her a jar of flowers and asked her to find a pretty one for me. She had a great time dumping them out and putting them back in the jar. The second layout is based on a sketch by Heather Landry, and was part of the THaW (Three a Week) challenge at Willow Traders.


During her visit, Anna also "read" us her version of the Dr. Seuss classic, "Green Eggs an" Ham." Her version started:

"I am Sam. Sam me am.
I do not LIKE gweasy ham."

She went on to talk about "on a twain, on a pwane", and shook her little fist a time or two for emphasis.

The design elements -- two photos, the little scattering of buttons at the top and the grid stamped on the right side -- were inspired by an ad posted on Sweet Peach Crop Shop's Blog. And, as part of a challenge at The Scrapping Spot, I created it with NO patterned paper.


This layout was created from Sketch #127 on Nuts About Sketches. It showcases some of the vintage inspired touches my youngest daughter found to accessorize her wedding gown, using some really yummy Crate Paper Restoration papers (maybe my favorite of the new lines)





This will be one of the blog hop stops! Looking forward to creating a Halloween project to display during the hop.

6 comments:

ruth said...

Your layouts are always so gorgeous........and they are again!

I especially love your journaling...it's always so sweet. I got a kick out of your grandaughter's version of Seuss and I'm so glad you wrote it down! :)

Julie said...

i so totally love your dd's wedding lo! stunning!!! they are all fab, but that's my fave so far!

Nathalie said...

Wonderful, wonderful pages Barb!!! Your choices of papers are always right on for each of them!!! Great work (as always!)

Candace H said...

Terrific memories so beautifully captured, Barb! Thanks for playing along with The Scrapping Spot Sept. challenges!

BabyBokChoy said...

I love how clean your lines are and how well organized your pages always look. You really really really remind me of myself and how I'm inclined to scrap if I'm just only doing it for myself :)

just jennifer said...

Such an awesome job! I love all the variety in the LO's you've done!