Saturday, September 4, 2010

What a lovely Saturday!

The weather here is glorious! We finally have a break in the heat and humidity -- mild 70's here, with a nice breeze. Love it!

The past couple of weeks have been busy ones, scrapwise. I've always loved and participated in challenges, which have "due dates"; but design team work is a whole new world. So far, I've met each deadline with time to spare. Right now, I'm looking forward to my Nuts About Sketches design team debut on Monday.

Here are a few from the last couple weeks:

This was my layout for my NAS design team application, using Shawn's sketch. When I was growing up, my mom would give me advice -- which I would ignor. And the thing is, she was almost ALWAYS right. That really made me mad. Now, after years of experience, I appreciate her wisdom and her insight. At nearly 80 years old, she is still almost "Always Right". Here's to you, Mom:




For the introduction of the design team and "guest designers" at Cookin' Up Creations, we were asked to produce a layout about ourselves. Now, I scrap from my point of view about everyone but myself, so this proved to be a little bit of a stretch for me. I combined the assignment with a CuC challenge to use a posted ad as inspiration.


When my oldest granddaughter, Kaycee and I visited my oldest daughter and her family in Minnesota, daughter Heather and I took the kids to Oxbow Park, which has a nice little zoo of native Minnesota wildlife and domesticated livestock. Kaycee borrowed our cameras to take a few pictures and was pretty taken with the chickens. The subject matter and title were her idea and she already has scrapped her own page; so I scraplifted from Kaycee. 


I created this one for a THaW (Three a Week) challenge at Willow Traders. The layout was based on a fantastic sketch from Ellen Gudge, owner of Treasured Scrapbooking. This is my granddaughter Anna splashing in the children's fountain near the marina in Kenosha. It looked like so much fun that I wished I had brought extra clothes so I could run through the fountains too!


Anna loved the goats at the zoo. The sketch is by Shawna Webster for Cookin' Up Creations. The little goat was cut from the October Afternoon Farm Fresh paper and used like a sticker.



Normally I think yellow is a difficult color to work with; but just look at all the YELLOW layouts I've done lately! Must be all of that sunshine, huh?

This photo is from 1986. My third child was 1 1/2 years old, and the older two had joined him in the baby pool on a hot day. It's one of my favorite pictures!


My youngest daughter posted this photo on her Facebook page of Anna at the county fair, along with the quote: "Moo -- I'm a pig!" It was so delightful that I snagged the pic from her FB page. The sketch is by ----- and was for another THaW challenge.



Another old photo, this time from Hilton Head, S.C., in 1995. I used the fabulous kit that I won in a THaW challenge from Up the Street Scrapbooking, compliments of owner Tara. (Her kits are truly gorgeous!) The alphas and transparency were from my stash.



And a few cards ...


Thanks for looking; have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Candace H said...

Wow, wow, wow Barb! These are fantastic and I especially love the "what's up chicken butt" layout, and that you scraplifted your granddaughter!

just jennifer said...

so awesome! I'm amazed at how many layouts you always have to share! Love the Moo! layout!

BabyBokChoy said...

Oh Barb, so many amazing projects all at once, how much do I enjoy visiting here? wow, I have to agree with jennifer, the moo layout, lol, steals the show for me, lol.

Heather said...

Love the new blog look! Great LOs. It's fun to see all the older pictures you are pulling out.