Friday, September 17, 2010

Just a little experiment ...

I wanted to enter the Sketchabilities challenge to use sketch #26 to create a layout and for a chance to win a wonderful paper collection kit. I pulled out some vacation photos from 1995 what a blast from the past!) and papers from LYB's Boardwalk collection. While I was creating I decided to go for the "Use Your Stash" paint challenge at The Scrapping Spot also. The next couple of hours entailed a lot of mess, a little frustration, and three tries at making my own background paper, until finally I came up with this:


I used bubble wrap to "stamp" around the layout with white acrylic paint, and then with both blue and green glittered paint. he two-tone alphas were stamped first with a lime green and then a blue lagoon cat's eye inkpad; then I stamped over them with Staz-On ink in teal and glazed them with Glossy Accents.

You can find Karan Gerber's fantastic sketch here.

I couldn't help but scrap that photo of the giraffe from last week's post:


Sometimes scrapping is a good way to record the not-so-happy memories and coming to terms with them. The 25th anniversary of my dad's death passed recently, bringing with it a lot of long forgotten emotions. To deal with those thoughts and feelings, I created this:


Eric' Clapton's beautiful "Tears in Heaven" came to mind and really fit the way I was feeling. And scrapping this really did help me come to terms, once again, with some hurt and to remember the love and good times.

The Spooky Blog Haunt is coming!!!!!




I'm so excited -- I'm going to be a stop on the hop! The Blog Haunt will start first at Paper Secrets; more details to follow soon! 

6 comments:

lisaplus5 said...

Barb! these are more beautiful los! I really love the bubble treatment! way fun!!!!! your header is beautiful~ is that new? i LOVE it!

BabyBokChoy said...

These layouts are so much fun, each has its own unique and individual beauty! Of course, I love that giraffe, so so cute!

ruth said...

Great layouts! I love the we can really express whatever we feel in our scrapbooks and your last layout is a perfect example of that. I love your take on the challenge! That big sun is awesome!

I *might* be scrapping with Rebecca today....hopefully she'll be coming. :)

Julie said...

love what you did with the paint! great work as always barb!

angie gutshall said...

Great job on that background paper it looks awesome! Love your work!

Dolores said...

what great layouts! love what you did with that Boardwalk pp