Monday, September 13, 2010

I love Mondays ...

... because that's the day that the weekly Nuts About Sketches sketch is revealed! This week's sketch is a fun two-pager:






It was great for scrapping some of those zoo photos from Labor Day weekend. I thought some of my photos were a bit dark; and normally I would try to counteract that by putting them against a light colored background. But I read in the current Creating Keepsakes Tips & Tricks that scrapping darker photos against a dark colored background actually makes the photos seem lighter. So, when I chose my Basic Grey Green at Heart papers, instead of picking out one of the lighter colors, I went with a red-violet background -- totally out of my comfort zone! But CK is right .... that background really does bring out the light in my photos.




Be sure to check out the Nuts About Sketches blog to see what the other design team members created using this week's sketch!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hi Barb. Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello and welcoming me. =) can't wait to get working on the sketches. I love your layout. cute paper and love the pictures of the animals.