Friday, August 6, 2010

Stuck at home today ...

... waiting for the car windshield replacement guys to come "sometime between 8 and noon". It's 10:30 now .... It all started with one of those little rock dings (probably thrown from the back of a truck on the interstate) a week or so ago. The hot weather helped it to spread into a crack 3/4 of the way across the windshield in a short amount of time. Interestingly enough, it stopped at the place where my GPS holder was suctioned on the inside of the window. Maybe that little suction was enough to make it stop? I don't think so either, that was Mike's theory.

Along with this morning's "grounding", my little house guest has moved on to her other grandparents, who will return her this weekend to her parents. Anna is 2 1/2 and is a joy to have around; but having a toddler is also a LOT of work! "Aga" gets tired!

Taking advantage of the quiet to play in my scrap room. I completed this one this morning -- hoping the patterned paper on the right will qualify as "polka dots" for the D is for DOTS challenge at My Sketch World's ABC Crop (see below) It also works  for Week 1 of the August THaW (THree a Week) at Willow Traders, as well as for this week's sketch at The Everyday Scrapper. The sketch itself is from Sketch Inspiration. I decided to go out of my usual style and just play. It was a little messy and lots of fun. The Rock and Roll stamps were part of a Marah Johnson set that I picked up for a buck at Big Lots -- you never know what treasures you can find there! The papers are from Junkitz Extreme Boy line, and they've been in my stash for a while.

ROCK AND ROLL


I did this one last week for the THaW, as well as for one of the Filmed In Front of a Live Studio Audience month-long challenges at Cookin' Up Creations. Tara from Up the Street Scrapbooking provided the sketch. The papers and stickers are all Basic Grey Green at Heart.

GARDEN GIRL



This one was for a Cookin' Up Creations challenge to use only striped patterned paper; it also fit a THaW challenge for this week. (I love it when that works out -- two challenges with one layout!) The photos were taken with my cell phone at the local truck stop. I told Anna to "make a funny face" and texted it to her parents.

MONKEY BUSINESS


My Sketch World started a great five-week challenge series this week -- the ABC's of Summer. Each day brings a new challenge, starting with A on August 1. The great thing is that some of them are layout challenges, and some are for cards. With Anna here, I concentrated on the cards -- faster and easier to do in small snippets of time here and there. These are my favorites -- the challenge "A for Adornment" -- aka bling. I used Stickles on the papers and a rhinestone or two. Most of the fish are from a pack of K & Co. layered stickers from Walmart (so is the monkey above) The ABC's are going on all month -- check it out!


BIRTHDAY FISHES CARDS



The ferocious watch dogs (two Boston terriers who think it's a crime for anyone to come to the door and not greet or play with them) are woofing up a storm, which means the glass guy must be here. Catch you later -- have a great weekend! 



P.S. -- Be sure to check out the drawing for this blog candy over on Paper, Ink, Color -- Designs by Chrissy L.

9 comments:

Keianna said...

I really like the Garden Girl layout. The papers go well with the pic.

Lori Gentile said...

Beautiful projects!! I especially love Monkey Business. Too funny!

ruth said...

Awesome layouts! I love those fishy cards too!

just jennifer said...

love the pink/green combo on monkey business! Don't know how you find the time to combine all those challenges, but well done!!

angie gutshall said...

You have been so busy! Love the layouts and those cards are so cute!

Michelle said...

sorry about your window such a pain to have to wait for hours for someone!!ugh...love your layouts and the monkey business is adorable!!

Julie said...

i always love your work barb!~!! those cards are the cutest!!!

Bibi said...

Sorry about the windshield, Barb. :(
Love the layouts! My fave is the Monkey Business. How cute is she?!

lisaplus5 said...

you are getting so much done!!! i saw the sketch lo over at willows and LOVED it!!! i especially love that monkey business lo... the pictures are SO cute!!!