Friday, August 13, 2010

Hoping for a scrappy weekend!

First of all, thanks so much to everyone who stopped by  during the Simply Obsessed Third Birrthday blog hop! I really appreciated all of your kind comments. I haven't had a chance today to check out the Scrap That Vacation weekend crop, but hoping to get over there later tonight or tomorrow. The Simply Obsessed crops are always lots of fun!

I drove home from Wisconsin today with one detour because of a closed road (construction season is the pits!) and I was so happy for the GPS! There was construction pretty much everywhere. Then I drove through some wind and rain close to home. There's a fairly nasty storm front moving through our area tonight.

As always, there are so many fun challenges and loads of inspiration! I'm hoping to spend a good part of the weekend in my scrap room. Here are a couple of projects from early in the week:

 This one was an answer to a couple of challenges: one of this week's THaW challenges at Willow Traders was to use themed paper for a purpose other than the one for which it was intended.  I used Max & Whiskers pet themed paper for a layout of my grandson Ryan (who's now 10) as a toddler. It also worked for design team member Jenny's challenge at ScrapbookDeals4U to use two different fonts in the title. The inspiration for the design was a sketch by Lucy Chesna of My Sketch World.



The challenge here was to use borders on a layout for the ABC Summer Challenge at My Sketch World. I used a sketch from Sketch Inspiration. And it also satisfied design team member Michelle's challenge at SD4U to use punches.



And a couple of cards created for the ABS Summer Challenges at My Sketch World:





Hoping to have a couple more layouts and/or cards to post by the end of the weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Julie said...

barb i love love love that birdie card!!!

angie gutshall said...

Great layouts Barb! And cute cards!

Kris said...

These are wonderful! I especially love those super cute cards!