Friday, July 23, 2010

Two weeks later ...

and I'm still scrapping photos from the visit to Minnesota. The visit to the wildlife park, my grandson's fifth birthday, and small things like a stop at Dairy Queen were all memories that I wanted to preserve.

Grandson Ethan decided to imitate the tom turkey's strut at the park, much to the confusion (or maybe the amusement) of the hen. My daughter took the pictures of Ethan, and my 12 year old granddaughter took the turkey shots. The sketch is from Sketch Inspirations.

This sketch also was a Sketch Inspirations design, but I found it posted as the Sunday sketch on The Everyday Scrapper. My daughter took that adorable little goat portrait. I think I used parts of four different kits on this one:

I took this photo of the kids from the front seat as we headed back to town amid their squabbling about being crowded, about someone's arm or hand or foot being in someone else's space, etc.



I scraplifted this layout from one by Misty Willis, a Design Team member at Simply Obsessed, as part of a challenge for this weekend's Just Beachy Crop there. I couldn't wait to dig into my Max and Whiskers kit from ScrapbookDeals4U! The little ice cream cones were cut with the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge.

And another Sketch Inspirations sketch ... The "five" is a design from the Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge.

And a couple of cards...

This one went to a friend who loves purses and shopping ...

and this was for my husband on our anniversary (we celebrated 26 years last Tuesday)

Our youngest grandchild, 2 year old Anna, is staying with us for a few days. (She came with her parents Wednesday, and I talked them into leaving her here yesterday.) Already she has provided a couple of photo op's that most likely will find their way onto layouts.

Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

Wow! Some great eye candy! Barb, your pictures are super. That turkey is totally awesome! Love all your layouts and cards,...your catchy titles really caught my eye too!

ruth said...

Gorgeous layouts!!! I wish I had gotten more everyday moments of my kids.......like your photo of them in the back seat. :) Oh well, I can see that I'm going to have a blast scrapping grandkids some day!!!

Nathalie said...

Wow Barb! Those are some awesome pages!!! I love the colors and background of the first one and I love "3 for the road" too! Fabulous AND abundant work as always ;)

Keianna said...

Love the Lets Talk Turkey and 3 For the Road layouts. Great design work and use of layers.

Lori Gentile said...

You do such an amazing job and are always so productive!!! I love your cards! Wow! I agree about your titles. You come up with great ones!

BabyBokChoy said...

I knew I was going to see LOTS of fun pages on your blog. I've come to expect them! Great job and they are very nicely designed, thanks for sharing!

lisaplus5 said...

wow! you have been so busy!! i really love Let's talk turkey :) you always come up with the best titles!!!!!