Friday, July 30, 2010

So many pictures, so little time!

Summer has brought visits with various grandkids, and I'm not in any danger of running out of photos to scrap anytime soon. There are wonderful challenges going on at several sites, including the "Filmed in Front of  Live Studio Audience" month long challenge at Cookn' Up Creations. I had hoped to have lots of scrapping time this week, but other things have gotten in the way. I did finish these on Sunday for the Just Beachy Crop at Simply Obsessed Scrapbooking.

 I'm loving my October Afternoon Fly a Kite kit from ScrapbookDeals4U! The colors remind me of ice cream and summer, and the patterns remind me of my grandmother's sewing remnants. The "Beach Baby" in question here (the little brunette) is my youngest granddaughter. She has lived a few blocks from Lake Michigan for about six months now, and she doesn't understand that we don't all have a "big bwoo wake" in our neighborhood.


During a recent visit with us, I wanted just ONE cute smiley shot of Miss Anna. I followed her around with a camera saying "Look at me, Anna"; and "Over here" and "say cheese". I got this really cute series of shots, punctuated with dialogue that only a 2 year old can provide. "Hi Aga!" "Cheezze!" "I water the flowers now". She sang for a while: "Lalalala". I kind of like the series better than if I had gotten that one "perfect shot". (?And check out the eyelashes in that top middle photo)



The background on the layout above started out as a piece of plain kraft cardstock. I bought a cute set of Autumn Leaves flower stamps on close-out, piled them all onto a clear block and went to town with some white ink. The stamping isn't perfect but I liked the effect.

If you're looking for mojo inspiration, check out the ABC Summer Crop at My Sketch World -- click on the blinkie in the sidebar to get there!

6 comments:

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful Summer layouts! Love those colors and your designs are great!

Janine Rachau said...

Oh! I LOVE your homemade patterned paper! Both of your layouts are fabulous and your pictures adorable!!! With those cuties, I'm sure you have an arsenal of great photos!

Julie said...

fabulous pages barb!!! love the eyelashes!! what a cutie!!!

just jennifer said...

love that OA! you did a fab job with it!

Tabitha said...

beautiful layouts

ruth said...

totally LOVE the layouts...as usual!! :) The beach baby is just soooooooo soft and cute! Love the embossed cloud too.