Sunday, July 4, 2010

Scrapping over the holiday weekend ...

In between a cookout and fireworks, visiting grandkids and everyday chores, I finished three layouts this weekend. My scrap room looks as though a cyclone went through! Probably should clean it up, huh?

I scraplifted a design by Tammy at Cookin' Up Creations -- loved the squares of patterned papers! To fit a "make your own embellishment" challenge at ScrapbookDeals4U as well as Scrapfit Challenge Blog, I made my own "sparkle chipboard" embellishment.


First, I googled and found this tree online. I added a title quote in Photoshop, then printed it out.



The color and sparkle were added with glitter markers and Stickles.



As soon as I saw that TV commercial for some insurance company -- the one that says "the day you went from dude to dad" and shows a new daddy at the hospital -- I thought of my son in law, Dustin. The design was inspired by a sketch at The Everyday Scrapper. (And if anyone has any hints on how to make those vinyl Thickers stick better, I would love to hear them! I always have trouble with them, and I see one of my d's in "dude" is looking a little precarious here)


And this one was for a brand new month of television inspired challenges on Cookin' Up Creations. The "I Love Lucy" challenge called for a title that began with "I Love ....", at least one big heart, and photos in a filmstrip style arrangement. The design was inspired by a sketch at Sketch Inspirations.



My last task tonight and/or tomorrow morning is to make up some scrapping kits with supplies and photos to take with me to Minnesota. My oldest granddaughter and I are spending a week at my oldest daughter's house (home of the "from dude to dad" guy and two of my grandsons too!) Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

10 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

Your first layout is a total *WOW*! I love the clean lines, colors and adorable photo. The Dad layout is so very fun and sweet,...awesome title. And, I love the great design and photos in the Lucy challenge. Hope you have a wonderful week with your family,..& safe travels.

Lori Gentile said...

Barb, I love your layouts!!! The crate paper layout is outstanding. I adore that quote!

Laurajean said...

LOVE that first layout, just gorgeous and I LOVE your tree embellishment, beautiful :)
Also for those dang thickers sticking...Use some Helmar glue...I lOVE this stuff :)
Thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit.

Nicole said...

Gorgeous work, Barb!! I LOVE what you did with the tree on the first layout!

Bev said...

Barb .. i saw the challenge with the tree.. looks like fun.. you did an amazing job with the layout... the others are fabulous also...

toni said...

hey girl -
love your blog, and all your LOs are soooo inspiring! What wonderfully delightful LOs.
That tree is just amazing, and I love your
page with all the squares, and your Dad/Dude
page is pricelss...
I'll be back :)

GinniG said...

Awesome creations Barb! LOVE the hint on how to use online clipart, etc.! Gonna have to try that! And LOVE your "Dude to Dad" title! Someday when my oldest stepson has his first child this will be the perfect title. :)

~jan said...

Good stuff, Barb! Love the tree idea-so creative! Happy to have you at MSW!

LisaM said...

Fantastic work Barb! The tree is so cool and I love the title "Dude to Dad"!

Vicki said...

Wow! I love the tree tag, Barb! How creative.