Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome to my Scrap Room!

After a few years as a catch-all junk room, the former play room/fourth bedroom in our house has become my scrap room. I love it! Here are a few pictures:

This is what it looks like from the doorway. The old couch is there mostly because it's heavy and difficult to move, plus it's the only place to put it, but I like having it there. The granddaughters like to sit and chat while I'm scrapping.


Gotta love the built in shelves in one of the closets:



Love having this banquet table so I can leave my Cricut and sewing machine out where I'm more likely to use them.


Walmart had these big plastic storage bins on sale after Christmas -- just the right size for kits and paper.


And every scrap room should have a scrappy cat -- mine is Ed (his full name actually is Oedipus T. Cat, thanks to my very dramatic daughter who owned him first; but I refuse to open the door and call out "Here Oedipus!" so he's just Ed. He doesn't mind) He thinks that couch is there especially for him, by the way.


Ed and I have been hanging out in there a lot this week, especially on rainy days. The birthday bash at Cookin Up Creations is going strong, and so is Summer Camp Rock at Scrapbook Deals 4U. My ATG tape is disappearing fast with all the great challenges I've been finding there and elsewhere!

I love the look on my daughter's face in this photo -- it was taken during the first dance at her wedding, when her little girl joined her and new new husband (in her comfy jammies! by the end of the evening I was wishing that I could have worn mine!) The design is based on a sketch at by Trisha at Sketch Inspirations. I stamped, inked and misted the flowers. Love those uncolored Primas -- too much fun!


The challenge was to use the title "Birthday Boy(or Girl" for a layout. I found these photos from 1996 -- the kids decided our dog needed a birthday party. He tolerated the hat, even letting them put the elastic string under his "chin", but after a while he hid under the coffee table. Used the original photos since they scanned horribly, and I figure they are safer on my layout than in the box that I found them in. The sketch is by Lucy Chesna of My Sketch World.


Another challenge called for us to scrap our nickname. This was one of several that my Dad called me when I was a child. The sketch is by Liz Qualman.


... and another fabulous sketch by Lucy Chesna! These photos were taken on my oldest granddaughter's first birthday in 1999. Again, these are original photos. This layout also answers the requirements of Workout #21 on ScrapFIT blog to use a machine and/or punchs. I used my Spellbinders Wizard to make the frame for the middle photo.


And I finished this one last night, using a sketch by Rachel Hall for A Million Memories. As soon as my daughter Heather sent me the link to her Mother's Day photos and I saw these, I knew I had to scrap them. Can't you just hear Ethan .... "Oh, Moooooooooooommmmmmmm!"

Tonight the local chapter of the American Red Cross is hosting a wine and beer tasting fund raiser, with hors' doeuvres and other goodies. Looking forward to that! Hope you have a great weekend too




12 comments:

Julie said...

room looks great!!! pages are awesome!! what a cute kitty!

BabyBokChoy said...

Your room looks SO SO organized and so clean!! everything that my room is NOT, lol. And so many pages at once, awesome!!

meluv2scrap said...

WOW!!! U have been busy!!! Awesome LO's!! Thanks for joining us over at scrapFIT!

cornellgj said...

wow. what a lovely bunch of layouts! love all the little details you add to make them special!

Janine Rachau said...

Oh my! I love everything! And, your scraproom so neat and tidy! I would be very stressed out to have to get mine ready to show others! :)

All your pages are lovely!

just jennifer said...

looks like you've been busy and been having fun! I love all the different looks of your layouts!

twinkles11 said...

love all the layouts i think my fave is the 'gloria' one but they are all awesome. you've been busy!

Nathalie said...

Love your pages Barb!!! All of them have such great colors and designs! And no wonder you are so productive, you have such a great space to create in!!!! I'm jealous!

Laurajean said...

WOW, what a busy bee you have been...LOVE your "NEW" scraproom, I so want my own room too, just no room...
LOVE all of your layouts and thanks for playin' along with us at ScrapFit :)

Lori Gentile said...

Your room is so great! I'm jealous you have so much space, lucky lady! I adore all of your layouts. You have been super busy. WTG

lisaplus5 said...

your designs are beautiful and check out your space!! i love it!!! you are a busy lady!!!

Wanda said...

Your room looks great, Barb!