Friday, June 18, 2010

Put your piggies in the puddle ...

So how long as it been since you played in the puddles after a rain? My 2 year old granddaughter Anna was visiting and was fascinated by Tuesday's pouring rainstorm. As it lifted to a drizzle, she wanted to go out and "see the wain". She was fascinated with the water pouring down the eavespout:



Then when the rain stopped, she wanted to go out and see the puddles in the yard and driveway.

After announcing "Wook Aga, it's nice and warm!" she decided that hopping was the thing to do.

Then she decided I was missing the true experience. "Aga, put your piggies in the puddle," she commanded. Here's proof that I did.



"Hey Aga, this is fun!"



Right after that, she sat in the water, decided squishy pants were not fun, and it was time to go in.

These photos will be finding their way onto a layout soon ...

Meanwhile, here are a couple from the past week:


Ryan was unusually agreeable to having his picture taken the day we went to Kenosha:



My older son Jason (Ryan's dad, coincidentally) made this little popsicle stick frame for Mother's Day in Cub Scouts and put a photo of himself at age 2 on there. It hung on my fridge with magnets on the back. I wanted to preserve it, and the challenge at ScrapbookDeals4U was to mat a photo with something other than paper. So ...

I did have to remove the two sticks on the back (with the magnets attached) so it would like flat on the page.

Thanks for looking -- have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Nathalie said...

Great pages Barb and your photos are priceless!!! I love the fact that you went barefoot in the puddles too! Love the photo of your toes and the one above it!

Keianna said...

Can't wait to see the layout with your little piggies. Will make for a great story.

Vicki said...

Your photos are priceless, Barb! How fun to play in the puddles with your GD! Welcome to MSW too!

~jan said...

I adore that popsicle frame, Barb! Playing outside after the rain was one of my favorite things to do as a small child!

LG said...

oh my those photos with your granddaughter is so cute! I can think of a lot of titles that will perfect for a page or two.

Stunning layouts as always

angie gutshall said...

One word "priceless"! Love those photos! Can't wait to see the layouts!

nursela said...

Those photos are priceless!!! Can't wait to see the layouts! I love the comments that went along with them. You did FANTASTIC as always on your Forever Young and Lil Buckeroo layouts!

ruth said...

Awwwwwwwww.........your little Buckaroo is precious! :) Great job!

Julie said...

what fun pics barb!!

great pages as always!!!

just jennifer said...

love your designs! what fun memories!

hannie said...

now.. that is fun to be in the puddle! Next time I think I'm gonna let my sons do that if they wanted to.. I've been too bad to them by stopping them in enjoying the puddle.