Friday, May 14, 2010

Rain, rain, go away ....

After a few nice days last week, we had three days of rainy gray weather. The sounds of thunder, wind and rain were loud enough to wake us up at about 3 am Thursday. It was also enough to mess up our telephone land line service. But our yard is nice and green!

Ed the cat loves the "new" scrap room. A desk sits right under the window, and I usually find him sitting on the desk enjoying the morning sunshine. He's also very interested in the contents of my various storage unit drawers. I managed to move him over long enough to create a couple of layouts this week. Cookin' Up Creations is hosting a month-long "Bloomin' Good Time" Challenge, which has been a lot of fun so far!

Each of the two sides of this double pager was created in answer to a challenge. I am really loving these Crate Paper Brook papers! More photos from our trip last summer to southwestern Michigan:


I used a foam stamp and Versamark watermark ink to stamp the flourishes onto the maise-colored cardstock. It added some interest without overwhelming the photos.


I mounted the photos for this one onto a block of vanilla colored cardstock, then adhered the block to my background cardstock.



More photos from the Michigan trip, using Basic Grey's Green at Heart papers. This is such a happy, fun paper line!


The tutorial for the flower on this card (birthday card for my husband -- thought I could get away with a flower if I used some "masculine" colors!) is on Becca Fleeken's blog and was posted on one of the Cookin' Up Creations challenges. The slide is chipboard sprayed with blue Glimmer Mist:




Cookin' Up Creations is also hosting a create a flower challenge this month. Here are a couple of my "creations":





Here's hoping the rain stays away for the weekend!


8 comments:

Candace H said...

Barb, I ♥ your flowers!!! And your layouts are great!

Julie said...

beautiful flowers, and pages!!! and that card too!

BabyBokChoy said...

Your flowers are utterly WONDERFUL, love seeing them!!! And I agree, the rain has got to go!! We had rain four days straight but the sun is out now for Saturday :) so I'm happy. Have a good weekend Barb!

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful flowers!! Love your layouts! Great job!

Leah Crowe said...

I know what you mean about the rain.. four days of rain, and thankfully we saw the sun ALL day today! :) Your flowers are so pretty, I love making them too. Loving your layouts too!

Lori Gentile said...

Beautiful projects. I am in love with your flower work! They all look amazing!

lisaplus5 said...

i love all of those flowers!!! each of them are so beautiful!!! i adore the photos in the first spread~ they really pop off the page with the crate papers... thank you for sharing!!

Nathalie said...

Your pages all look so good and so do those homemade flowers!!! Great work!