Saturday, May 22, 2010

Scrapping this weekend???

I know I am! The sun is shining into my scrap room window, and Ed the cat is already in his usual spot on the couch (having already been booted out of his most favorite place, the top of my desk under the window). I've got a list of challenges and sketches, and a pile of photos, along with a couple of new kits. Sooooo .... after a few household chores, lunch with my mom and a walk with Coco the dog, you know where you can find me this weekend!

I've got tons of wedding photos (980 to be exact -- but who's counting?!) on disk, thanks to photographer Tiffany Doubek. My mom had been wanting a four-generations photo for a while, so younger daughter's wedding was the perfect time to get one. Here we are, in our dress-up best:


The layout was inspired by sketches both from Robin Wade at Cookin' Up Creations and from Sketch Inspiration. I used the "Final Days of Summer" kit from A Million Memories. Those beautiful girls include (from left) my granddaughter Shelbie; daughter in law Candi; my mom, Lois; my older daughter Heather; the bride, my younger daughter Kristen; me, holding granddaughter Anna; and granddaughter Kaycee.

The May Bloomin' Good Time challenges continue all this month at Cookin' Up Creations. The next two layouts are my answer to a color challenge. The papers are Green at Heart by Basic Grey; love the bright, juicy colors and happy patterns! This line was featured in an April kit from ScrapbookDeals4U. I took the pictures last weekend when we visited the newlyweds at their new home in Kenosha. Granddaughter Anna wanted to show us "her park", "her ducks" and "her lake".

This sketch is from design team member Kat Glossop at A Million Memories, and was my take on a challenge offered there this month. The daisy border was cut from one of the patterned papers.



This one is based on a sketch from Inspired Blueprints. Again, loving that Green at Heart! I also love my circle and scalloped circle Nestabilities dies from Spellbinders for cutting those accents and title block.



And if you love challenges (and kits!) as much as I do, be sure to visit the Top Shelf Memories blog for a grand opening party through May 28! Taryn has some lovely kits for sale there (the one featuring Green at Heart is chock full of papers and goodies)

And ... don't know how I missed this! My "First Dance" layout was named Layout of the Week for the week of May 3 on the blog at A Million Memories. The AMM design team is amazing, and there are some extremely talented scrap artists who post there regularly; so I am really honored and excited to have one of my layouts featured. I posted it here a few weeks back, but here it is again:


And, as if that weren't enough, my "A Day in Sunny South Haven" layout was chosen as Layout of the Week over at Cookin' Up Creations! Again, what a thrill and an honor to have one of my pages singled out from among some really talented artists.

Thanks for stopping by. You know where you'll find me this weekend!

1 comment:

Julie said...

all of your pages are beautiful barb! congrats on the page of the day at amm! i love how you used the flower like a sun on he stroll page!