Friday, May 7, 2010

Back to scrapping!

The National Scrapbooking Day challenges across the internet were great! I'm moved into the bedroom-turned-scrap room "more or less", much to Ed the cat's delight. He likes nothing better than to hang out on the old couch in there; or better yet, to sit on my desk and look out the window or knock my small tools over the edge and watch them fall to the floor. He and I need to discuss his behavior.

In the past week, I've completed five layouts and three cards. And as usual, each of them is a response to at least one challenge.

This picture is more than 20 years old. The little guy on the left is my third child, with the kids next door. I don't know where they got those snazzy hats, but the boys sure thought they were cool. I used a sketch by Robin Wade on Cookin' Up Creations, and a kit from A Million Memories.



My 4 year old grandson, Cameron, was up early the day of my youngest daughter's wedding. Then he missed his usual nap. At dinner time, he just couldn't keep his eyes open. He took a snooze and then found his second wind, and he was quite the little dude on the dance floor. You just know he's going to hate this picture when he's older! I used a sketch from Sketch Inspiration. The kit is from Paper Posies; the challenge on PP was to use same-color cardstock and border punches to create a background, as shown in the current issue of Scrapbooks Etc. I do love my border punches!

OUT FOR 
PUBLICATION


I took these photos of my oldest dd, Heather, who was matron of honor for youngest dd last month. The sketch is from PageMaps, and I scraplifted a similar layout by ScrapbookDeals4U design team member Heather Bowser. The papers are from SBD4U's new Thrift Shop kit. (That is Heather's little guy snoozing in the layout above)



Granddaughter Anna wore a dress for her mommy's wedding that her new daddy's sister wore in their aunt's wedding; then their cousin wore it in the sister's wedding. Each little girl's name and the date she wore the dress is embroidered into the hemline. The sketch is by Stacy Cohen and the kit is from A Million Memories.




Paper Posies had a challenge to scrapbook about your purse and its contents. I was thinking about how my purse contents reflect my stage in life. The sketch is by Kristine Davidson from the SD4U design team.


I needed a few cards, so I used sketches from Inspired Blueprints and Cookin' Up Creations.
The first is for older ds's birthday. I used Spellbinders dies to cut circles from old dictionary pages, then scrunched them, sprayed with glimmer mist and stacked into a flower.

I used Spellbinders dies and a Martha Stewart punch for the flowers on this one, for my youngest dd's birthday:

And this one is for my mom. I made the rose from grosgrain ribbon. Staci Taylor posted a tutorial on A Million Memories forum. The papers are October Afternoon's Thrift Shop, so much fun!

Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

Janine Rachau said...

WOW!! Fabulous creations!! Love every single one of them!

Julie said...

wow is right!! rock on barb!!! way to get your scrap on!!!!

cornellgj said...

WOWZA! You've been busy! What beautiful work! I really love your punched background on the time out layout!

lisaplus5 said...

wow! you have been busy! i love each of them... beautiful work!

BabyBokChoy said...

barb, barb BARB, talk about being productive and inspirational!!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

Kris said...

Beautiful work, Barb! I especially love your Time Out layout and that lovely lollipop flower on it!

Lori Gentile said...

Wow! You really got a ton don during NSD! I love all the internet challenges, too. I love your work!

angie gutshall said...

Great Layout! You have been busy!!

just jennifer said...

loving what you've been working on! I love how you seem to find the perfect challenge to inpsire you!

Candace H said...

You are one of the most productive scrappers (and cardmaker) I "know"! WTG on all these wonderful projects this week Barb!

Nathalie said...

WOW!!! You have been so productive once again!!! It is a pleasure to look at all your creations!!! Keep up the great work Barb :)

Sophia said...

Gee, you were a busy lady...beautiful projects all round!