Friday, April 2, 2010

One week to go ....


... until SHOWTIME, otherwise known as my youngest daughter Kristen's wedding day. All of a sudden, thousands of annoying errands, duties and details are popping into my head, and I wonder if we will get everything done. But the truth is, all the "important stuff" is done. From here on out, it's just gravy and anything that doesn't get done .... well, it really wasn't crucial anyway. If there aren't more candles on the table or bows on the chairs, at the end of the day Kristen and Ian will be just as married as if all the frou frou had been there.

And my biggest role this week seems to be to remind the bride to BREATHE. And my husband's job is to tell the mother of the bride to RELAX. The mother of the groom handles the "what about's" and her spouse's role is to sigh, furrow his brow and get out of the way. And the groom's job? To laugh at us all, because all he really wants is to marry my daughter and the rest is inconsequential to his computer-guy mind.

I'm having fun scrapping these little layouts for the reception. Here are some more that I finished during the week:

Christmas at our house:

This one was my response to a challenge at ScrapbookDeals4U to use a Dr. Seuss quote (The sketch is from Pagemaps):






The April THAW (Three A Week) Challenge has begun at Willow Traders Forum, and I couldn't let a little thing like an upcoming wedding keep me from participating! We were allowed to combine the sketch challenge with one of the other challenges. So ... I used the sketch (by Liz Qualman of My Creative Scrapbook) to do Challenge #2, which was to re-use something. I used corrugated cardboard torn from a box (see, good thing we bought that case of microbrewery beer in Michigan last summer so I could rip off a box flap!) to die cut my title and flourishes.


That's my grandson Cameron enjoying a fresh snowfall. My oldest daughter, Heather, took those fabulous pictures. The papers are Basic Grey Dasher.


The third challenge was to scraplift one of the posted layouts. I chose one based on a sketch from Sketch Inspiration, and used a kit that my daughter gave me from Transparent Touches.


This was my youngest granddaughter, Anna, enjoying a birthday breakfast at the Truck Stop. The papers and stickers are Crate Paper Bliss. The alphas are Pink Paislee, and I cut the little flourish with a Sizzix die. And I had to add rhinestones and Stickles for bling.

And before I leave, just had to show you these shoes. Are they not fabulous????? Yes, I am wearing them to the wedding ....


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful weekend!



12 comments:

twinkles11 said...

Love the shoes and your layouts are fabola... my fave is the snow one. how cute. good luck with the wedding prep

BabyBokChoy said...

seriously beautiful projects!!!

Lori Gentile said...

I love those shoes! They are so fun. The only ones who will know of any missing details are you guys. None of the guests will have a clue and will think it's perfect just the way it is! Good luck this week!

Nathalie said...

WOW, I can't believe you are cranking out all those pages so close to the wedding day!!! You need to relax!!! Totally rocking shoes too! ;)

just jennifer said...

you are getting so much done! Love the layouts, esp the pancake green/pink combo!

Julie said...

#1 those shoes rock! #2 i love your lift of my page!!! more great work barb, always great work!!

pink said...

Great layouts!!! Fab shoes too! I'm really drawn to the pancake layout especially...just perfect!

Leah Crowe said...

omg.. those shoes are divine!!! You have great taste m'lady!! And all the layouts rock.. I especially love the 'today' layout. I love your outlook on the little details, and like Lori said, only you guys will know the difference. So exciting! Can't wait to see photos of the wedding and to hear all about it.

Candace H said...

Hope this week goes as smoothly as it possibly can! I'm so impressed that you are participating in the April THAW (and love your layouts you've done). Those shoes are fabulous! And I ♥ the "Today" layout you did for the reception! Can't wait to "hear" all about the wedding!

lisaplus5 said...

your pages are all lovely and the shoes- they rock, but i so enjoyed reading the first bit at the top :) i am thinking of you and hope all the special memories of this time will stand more than the to-dos... though they be many!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Super cute shoes!!!

You really are creating layouts like crazy and they are great! Love the Dr. Seuss quote page.

Have a great time at the wedding!

Rebecca In MI said...

I always enjoy reading your blog, but I think this post is just the best one that I've ever read...You will get thru it and I'll help Mike out a bit, "relax"....