Friday, April 30, 2010

It's National Scrapbooking Day!

Are you doing anything special?

I'm checking in at several online crops this weekend, including ScrapbookDeals4U, Cookin' Up Creations and A Million Memories. There are some others that I would like to check out, too!

We're in the middle of going through closets and corners, throwing out or donating things that we no longer need, haven't used in years, etc. In the process, I've cleared out the room off our family room, and I'm turning into a scrap room -- complete with a closet with shelves and an attached half bath. It's so exciting to be organizing my supplies and tools -- finally! -- which should make it much easier for me to scrap, if I'm not searching all over the place for things.

I work part time as a substitute teacher, and this week I was subbing three days. The kids are great but I'm usually worn out by the afternoon, and so I haven't scrapped this week. I did finish one layout, using photos from youngest granddaughter's 2nd birthday.



My scrap room isn't done (and neither are all of the closets and corners), but I'm off to enjoy some creative time anyway. Happy National Scrapbooking Day!

12 comments:

Rebecca In MI said...

How exciting that you're getting your own space! I'm so happy for you! And Anna is getting sooooo big!

BabyBokChoy said...

She is such a cutie and I think... I might scrap for NSD like I do every day?? :) fabulous LO!

just jennifer said...

so cute! love the pink/green together! isn't it awesome to have your own space?

Julie said...

yay barb!!

such a cute page!

twinkles11 said...

good luck with your space... love your layout here the pink and green just rocks!

Lori Gentile said...

Good luck purging! I think it's the best feeling to go through and organize! I LOVE the crate paper layout! It's so awesome!

lisaplus5 said...

what an absolutely sweet lo :) so exciting to have a space of your own :) i hope it comes together perfectly for you!

Miss Misi said...

too adorable!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Very cute and colorful!

Happy NSD!

Janine Rachau said...

How cute! And, my favorite colors! Kudos on the Spring cleaning,...can you send some motivational vibes my way?! :)

Nathalie said...

Hoping that you're having a creative weekend!!! I am very envious of your new scraproom! Your page is lovely!

Diana said...

how exciting!!! love the layout too