Friday, April 23, 2010

It's been a scrappy week!

Now that the wedding has come and gone, I've got time to get back to scrapping. Thanks to the April THaW (Three A Week) at Willow Traders, the mid-month challenges at ScrapbookDeals4U, and posted challenges at A Million Memories, Sketch Inspiration, Paper Posies and Inspired Blueprints, my scrapping mojo has been ignited! (Do you think maybe I'm getting a little bit addicted to these challenges?!?!)

Anyway ..... I completed five layouts and one card between Sunday and Friday. All except the last one fit into the challenges at Willow Traders; but each one also satisfied a challenge on at least one additional site.

For this one, I used the posted sketch on Challenge #10 at WT (with some modifications) and combined it with Challenge #12, to use punches. I used my Fiskars Treading Water Punch, EK Success Swirl Punch, and a Marvy 2 inch square punch. It also satisfied a challenge at SD4U to use a posted ad as inspiration -- I drew on the color scheme. The subject is my youngest granddaughter, Anna, getting up close and personal with Lake Michigan (her mommy sent me the pic via her cell phone). The papers are Crate Paper Brook from the April kit at The Scrapping Spot. The alpha and swirl/flower rub ons were from my stash.



I used the fabulous sketch #120 at Sketch Inspiration for this one. It also satisfied Challenge #11 at WT, to recycle something on the layout. (I used netting from wedding decorations, misted with Glimmer Mist and spray glitter; and some vellum from the wedding invitation kit, to punch out those "ghost butterflies"'; I spritzed them with Glimmer Mist too) And ... I'm not done with the challenges here! I used the November 2008 kit from Paper Posies, featuring Basic Grey Offbeat papers and rub ons, as well as music (sheet music from the internet, printed on cardstock) for the April 12 challenge at Paper Posies. AND .... I also used Lady Grace's recipe challenge on SD4U as inspiration -- one photo, cardstock, four pp's (including the music), torn edges, misting, stitching (on the pleated ribbon) and butterflies. Whew!

The photo is a proof from the wedding photographer and is just tucked in, so it can be replaced with a "good" copy of the photo. This is during the first dance at my daughter's wedding on April 10.




Since I was on a roll, and in the mood to scrap wedding photos, I pulled out my photo book from my older daughter's wedding in 2001. This one also used something recycled (the transparent acrylic piece that I saved from a package and used to stamp that "ghost clock"). I used the sketch by Karen Grunberg and Stacy Taylor's challenge to do a monochromatic page at A Million Memories. I've had this page of black, gray and white papers from Walmart for a couple of years and never knew quite how to use it. I love the way this turned out! The photo doesn't do justice to the sparkle and shine that the Prima swirl, the glittered stickers and rhinestones give it.





On this one, I used the annual grandkid roundup picture. We always take one at either the Thanksgiving or Christmas family dinner -- whichever one everyone attends. The results are usually a bit comical, never a perfectly posed shot, and always endearing. It also used punches (Dotted Scallop and Scalloped Lace from EK Success -- hey, JoAnn's had a sale! -- and a circle punch). The papers are also BG Offbeat, from Paper Posies' November 2008 kit. I used Julie Bonner's sketch on the PP April 19 challenge for this one. It also worked for Misty's challenge on SD4U to use green as the main color.



I made a card for my new son-in-law's birthday tomorrow using card sketch #46 on Inspired Blueprints -- and then mailed the card before I scanned it or took a picture! Oh well ...

I finished this one today, from my oldest granddaughter's 12th birthday. The design is sketch #45 at Inspired Blueprints. The papers are Scenic Route Garden Grove from SD4U's September kit; this was my entry into the April "use a kit" challenge.



Clean Up Days here in town start May 3. The city will haul away almost anything you set on the curb; but since you don't know for sure what day the truck will come through your street, you have to get it out there on Sunday night. We're going through 25 years of detritus; what a lot of useless stuff we own! I've been purging and organizing my scrap supplies. I didn't realize how many punches I've accumulated in a fairly short amount of time! DH was .... rather amazed .... also.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Rebecca In MI said...

You are one creative woman! May I please come and sit beside you and possibly some of it would rub off on me? I love seeing your stuff and reading about your life!

Heather said...

Tons of great stuff! I especially love the wedding LOs and the one of Anna by the lake.

And if you come across punches you no longer want...you know where I live, LOL!

Have fun purging and pitching. We are doing the same thing here this weekend!

just jennifer said...

wow! you've been very, very busy! I love the wedding layouts - there are so many details on them!

Julie said...

woo hoo barb, way to get your scrap on!!!

Candace H said...

Wow, Barb, I'm so impressed with all your scrapping, even in the midst of all the wedding planning! Your layouts are terrific and you sure know how to "get your challenge on" :-)

BabyBokChoy said...

I must suggest Barb that you submit some of these layouts for publication! They are GREAT!

Michelle said...

wow you have been getting your scrap on!goregeous pages!love them all especial the first dance love the layering!i agree w/BabyBokChoy SUBMIT!!!

Nathalie said...

I have been so motivated by challenges lately that I totally understand how they are helping you scrap. You have created some really fabulous pages this week, the two wedding ones being my favorites!