Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why don't we ever eat on our kitchen table anymore?

Because my kitchen table (and the counter and a few other areas) has become Wedding Craft Central. I'm on a mission and a roll, so things are in a constant state of super-messiness. I'll clean it up eventually ... really ....

Before I show more of these layouts for the wedding reception, I thought I would share the story of how they got together. Actually, they "met" in about 1995 when they were both on our community swim team -- but since Kristen was in second grade and Ian in seventh, they really didn't notice each other. Their paths crossed again in local theater -- Kristen was one of the junior high kids on stage and Ian was the theater tech. I believe he called a group of kids that included my daughter "a bunch of annoying little brats" because they loved to pester him .....

Flash forward to 2004. Kristen's friend, who is a year older, was friends with Ian's girlfriend, who was another year older. They began to hang out in the same group. Turns out Kristen and Ian share the same quirky sense of humor and became good friends. After he and that girlfriend broke up, they continued to be friends, meeting occasionally for coffee or lunch. She regarded him as her best friend and big brother ....

Then came Christmas 2008 .... for the first time in their friendship, neither was involved with anyone else. They went out for coffee and some thunderbolt hit them, and they decided to try going out on a "real date". Turns out they were perfect for each other all along. And the rest, as they say, is history.

The anniversary online crop at ScrapbookDeals4U has proved to be a great motivator this weekend! I've had a great time scrapping layouts for the wedding. Digging through my stash of kits has been interesting -- there are some great things in there that I forgot I had!


These are a couple more photos from a Christmas photo session -- they gave framed photo portraits as gifts this year. I love getting pictures! The papers are Fancy Pants Christmas Magic. The layout is based on a PageMaps sketch.



I asked Kristen if she had any photos of herself and her fiance together. She likes to have her picture taken .... he doesn't. So there are not many casual photos out there of him. This is one that she took herself, hamming it up for the camera. He was at least a good sport about it. (or he's just smitten ....) The papers are Scenic Route Garden Grove. The layout is based on a Sketch Inspiration sketch.



This was another photo that she sent me; it was taken at a local restaurant on her 21st birthday by one of the wait staff. The papers are Fancy Pants Splendid. I used several die cut, rub on and sticker alphas for the title, and stamped over the background paper and shapes with a music stamp.

My oldest granddaughter (Kaycee, she's 12) is here for a couple days during her spring break. I think we'll work on a couple of things that she can help with; she likes to craft and really wants to be involved with all the wedding fun.

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!



5 comments:

Lori Gentile said...

Just beautiful. I love the size, too! We don't eat on our table, either, but that's just because I'm too lazy. :)

Lisa J. said...

Such loving pages!

Cris said...

Beautiful layouts! And I know the feeling of not having access to the kitchen table -- goes with the territory over here! xoxo

Heather said...

More great LOs! They will look great on the tables!

mommyof5kidz said...

You certainly on a roll! The wedding will be GORGEOUS!!! You are a wonderful Mom for putting so much time, effort and work into making it the perfect day!!!