Saturday, March 13, 2010

After two months of fussing around

with flowers, leaves, birds and such, I finally finished the bird cage to go on the gift table for cards at my daughter's wedding shower. In the end, I took off at least half the junk I was trying to hang on there, and decided that sometimes less really is more.



The view from the top:

and the little bird at the base:


The wedding is four weeks from today, so it's about time that I finally decided what to do with this thing!



I also made a card for a March "thinking of you" card swap, using Bo Bunny Flutter Butter papers from ScrapbookDeals4U kit.



The stamp is by Stampin' Up; watercolor pencils, General Pencil Co; scallop die cut from Spellbinders; butterfly punch from Martha Stewart; and bling from Walmart. I used Ranger Stickles too, not sure if they show up in the photo.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Barb, that bird cage is stunning and what a clever idea for the cards at the wedding. I bet you are so excited for the big day!! I love your card too - the layering and details are just perfect. Great job!!

Julie said...

the bird cage is truly lovely barb!!! that card is awesome!! i need those bobunny papers!!!

Leah Crowe said...

Oh Barb, that birdcage is truly amazing. I love how you'll be using it for your sons wedding.. it is incredible! Your card.. super fab as well.. love it!

Nathalie said...

I LOVE your card Barb! And you did a great job with that cage! I wouldn't know where to start!

Barb P said...

Thank you! Should have seen it the night before I finished it; I had stuff hanging everywhere -- flowers, vines, leaves, grapes -- and realized that it was covering the cage's cool top and that scroll work. My daughter really likes this version, so I can finally call it "done".

Merrilee said...

That bird cage looks stunning! And your card is great. I love the butterfly!

WriterGirl said...

bird cage looks fabulous! What a great project!

lisaplus5 said...

that bird cage is stunning barb! what a lovely gift. and i adore your card, as well! thank you for sharing them!

BabyBokChoy said...

The bird cage is so so so awesome. I'm always so impressed with people who can do REAL craft!! And of course the card is gorgeous!!!!

angie gutshall said...

Wow you did a great job on that bird cage and I love the looks of that card!