Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Weekend!

I've spent the last few days making Valentine cards for the grandkids and my Mom; still need to make one for my hubby tonight. I had two Valentine themed kits in my stash -- one with Fancy Pants from last year and the other with Basic Grey Bittersweet.

Used the Fancy Pants paper to make cards for the six grandkids, but forgot to scan five of them before I stuck them in the mail. This one is for the youngest granddaughter; the others were similar but with different "flashcards" in the center:

The best thing was using up goodies from my stash. Those little vinyl heart stickers are left over from CKC two years ago! I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the background

One of the challenges at the Valentine's Day Crop at Scrapbook Deals 4 U is to make a Valentine craft with a kid. Two year old granddaughter Anna is here for the weekend, and we made a card for her Mommy and Daddy. She colored the picture, then I helped her "write" her name and let her stick on some hearts.


And this one is for my mom. The brads in the middle of the flowers were so bulky that my scanner wouldn't close completely, resulting in a little blur on the photo:


If you're looking for scrapping inspiration, check out that online crop going on through Sunday night at ScrapbookDeals4U. It's loads of fun!

10 comments:

Julie said...

those are wonderful barb!

Janine Rachau said...

Cute valentines!! You, and Anna, should be proud! :)

girlonthewing said...

Totally cute cards and I am just like you in that using things from my stash makes me happy!
Terri

Nathalie said...

Those are lovely Barb! I love the idea of incorporating the coloring of your granddaughter! Gotta love the stash reduction too ;)

Candace H said...

♥ your Valentine's, Barb! I also still have some of the FP pp with the Valentine's... perhaps I should use it, but then, it's my last piece, lol! Happy ♥ Day!

Heather said...

I let Cameron use those FP Valentine's for his daycare friends. And then I used your idea and made him a card with one of them on the front. Anyhow, the boys loved their Valentines you sent. And Grandma's card is gorgeous! I am getting ready to head on over to that crop right now.

Melanie Stanczyk said...

I think it's so sweet you made Valentine cards for the grandchildren. My greatgrandma did that for us. Sure makes me miss her. I'm glad I kept most of them, they are very special to me. I hope your grandchildren keep there's and preserve them!

Happy Valentine's Day Barb!

WriterGirl said...

Wow! What super cute cards!

ziggydogdoggy said...

Beautiful cards. Anna will remember times spent with you doing things such as this for many, many years.

lisaplus5 said...

awww! that is just so sweet :) a beautiful idea and a beautiful memory!