Friday, January 29, 2010

Two months and counting ...

until daughter Kristen's wedding. The "big stuff" is mostly taken care of, now our life is full of details, details and more details. And because there wasn't enough going on ... her fiance accepted a new job, which means a move to a new area. Exciting but a little scary at the same time.

Meanwhile, I'm having a great time designing table decorations, stamping favor boxes and nabbing wedding related supplies on sale at Hobby Lobby (gotta love the half price sales and the 40% off coupons; our goal is to pay full price for NOTHING, and we are doing a pretty good job). There are four different widths of Cancun Green satin ribbon on my table right now ...

This week I've been printing wedding invitations. We're using a kit (bought at 50% off) and running them through my home printer. They are turning out very nicely!



I also snapped up all the horizontal 5 x 7 acrylic frames at Hobby Lobby and the vertical ones at our local Walmart. I'm working on these little mini-layouts to set around on tables at the reception:



After a two-month break, I finally completed a layout -- my first in 2010. The subjects are my oldest and youngest granddaughters decorating cookie houses at a local pre-Christmas event. If you look closely, you can see bits of frosting on little Anna's fingers and face.




Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Merrilee said...

The mini layouts will make a beautiful table decoration and I love your holiday layout too!

Tali212 said...

way to go Barb - your decorations and invites are beautiful. Love the goal of not paying full price for anything.

pink said...

Very cute layout!!! And how fun to realize you have two daughters! :) At WT I only know of one, so it was great to get to know you better.

Sounds like you are a great wedding planner!

Julie said...

beautiful invite! love your work always barb!!

Thomisia said...

Cool idea with the reception LOs and pretty invites!

Janine Rachau said...

Love the satin ribbon with the gemmed buckle,...so pretty! Your photo decoration and layout are great, as well. Hope they are not moving too far away.

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Yes, that's a great idea for the reception. I love your layout, so colorful!

Diana said...

great photo frames and invites- can't believe you are down to only 2 months!
Cute LO too