Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is it spring yet?

Okay, the snow was pretty, now can we have spring? I'm already tired of cold weather, ice and slush!

Here are a couple pictures that I took January 8 when it was really cold, and after a foot of snow over the previous few days:






But, the cold weather has given me an excuse to stay in and start to work on DIY projects for the wedding. In addition to the table decoration prototype that I came up with (see last week's post), Kristen found the cutest little bag-shaped favor boxes. They are white, and came with white ribbons to make bows, but we thought they needed jazzing up. So .... I'm stamping them with teal Staz-On ink and the same stamp we used on her save the date cards; then we'll put some tissue paper inside:


The bride's colors are teal, orange and green, so we are thinking of using all three colors of tissue, just to make a more festive display. The boxes will go on the table with the candy buffet, and guests will fill their own little boxes with the goodies of their choice.

My nephew's wife also likes to scrap, and she made mini-layouts using photos of the two of them, then placed them in 5x7 acrylic frames and used them as table decorations at their wedding. Kristen loved the idea, so we will be doing that too. Here's the first one I made -- easy and lots of fun!


We're also printing and assembling invitations (from a box kit, but they also have ribbons); and if we have time, making wedding programs. The wedding is 12 weeks from today; yikes!

Oh yeah, I also made a couple of new year's cards:

This one used the Top Note die, a snowflake stamp and paper from Stampin' Up.


The Top Note die again; love it! Basic Grey paper; Prima flower, leaves and ornament.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Julie said...

the snow is pretty, but im over winter too!

Nathalie said...

Your photos are so pretty Barb!!! Looks like you have been busy with wedding preparations! I love that bag with the teal stamping! Very pretty!

Heather said...

The bags are great! What a great idea to use the stamp. I cannot wait for the candy buffet. Is she having a cake, too?

WriterGirl said...

great pics! I have that SU Top Note die and I love it!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Barb your photos are great, love the ice hanging off the roof.

The photo frame for the wedding table is a great idea. I wonder how many she has to make?

LisaNRoxy said...

Holy smokes - tha winter pics are just stunning. I love the icicles. WOW. How crafty you are - I love the favor boxes and a candy bar - what a clever idea. The guests are going to go home with some wonderful memories and treasures from the wedding!

just jennifer said...

looks like you've been so busy! The cards are beautiful!

*SHeRRy B* said...

I lovE the little gift bags! Your cards are so pretty!

Angela L. said...

Your project with the bags is so pretty... and I really love your cards that you made!

Barb P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb P said...

Thank you for the lovely comments! :)

The icicle photo is my favorite of the ones I took that day. I bumped up the blue tones with PSE to emphasize the coldness of the day.

Yes, Heather, there will be a wedding cake. Right now she's waffling between ordering it covered with buttercream frosting or fondant. (I vote the frosting! but it's not my cake)

Melanie, we're hoping to have two frames per table, so that would probably be about 20. I'm thinking that afterward, the mini pages would make a cute book for the couple.

Janine Rachau said...

Your post is filled with so much marvelous stuff! Love those gorgeous photos, the awesome gift bag, the beautiful layout and the cute cards! Wow! It's getting close,...how exciting!!!

Thomisia said...

Great winter photos. The wedding projects are too cute!

emelyn said...

oh my goodness, Barb. I'm shivering looking at all those gorgeous photos! I esp LOVE the icicle one, amazing! The wedding projects are coming out wonderfully.

Diana said...

love your photos!! The icicle one is FAB! I hope you can warm up soon :D