Friday, November 6, 2009

Is anyone else glad that Friday is here???? I substituted for a high school computer and business teacher the past two days. Most of the kids were great, but there were a couple who really tried my patience ...

Last weekend's Halloween crop at Scrapbook Deals 4 U was a howling success! So much fun and inspiration there ... and I was fortunate enough to win a RAK!!!! That was the icing on the cake, so to speak. The Willow Traders November 2AW (two layouts a week) began last Friday, and the prompts there are always fun.

Here are some of the layouts that I finished:

This is my youngest granddaughter in her garden gnome costume on Halloween. She was pretty pleased with the residents of a local nursing home, who told her she was cute and dropped goodies in her bucket.



This one is my MIL when she was a 20 year old college girl in 1944 or thereabouts. She is a strong, brilliant woman, and that Washington Irving quote reminds me of her. I used papers and some embellishments from the fabulous August kit that I won from A Million Memories a while back.


I took these photos back in June during a delightful lunch on a rainy day with two of my grandsons. The bright colors from this Scenic Route paper just fit the occasion!


I have some things that really need to get done, but hoping to get some scrapping time in this weekend. I have some great kits to break into, some really fun goodies that arrived today in a couple of RAK's (more about those later) and years of photos that I can choose from. So much to scrap, so little time ....

Have a wonderful Friday!

20 comments:

The Scrapping Edge said...

Great LO's I love the thaw challenges too.

Bibi said...

You did a great job on these layouts, Barb! I especially love the one with the lil' cute garden gnome. She's too cute!

Beth said...

You've been busy! Great layouts!

Heather said...

Great LOs! I love the brightness and the title of the I'm Lovin' It. And the garden gnome is super cute!

Heather said...

oh, and the Helen LO is gorgeous. Love the pretty blues.

twinkles11 said...

the Helen layout is beautiful but love all 3! rocking layouts.

Rebecca In MI said...

I am NEVER dissapointed in your lo's, you do a great job every time. Placement, colors, themes, you got it!

jamie said...

so much to scrap, so little time? that's for sure. very well stated.
the little gnome granddaughter is simply adorable. very sweet.
and that photo of your mother in law and the layout is stunning. great job.

Julie said...

great pages barb!

sharyncarlson said...

Hi Barb! Just stumbled across your blog and love it! Great scrapbook pages :) -Sharyn

Blessings, Janine said...

I love every single one of them....each so different. But, the middle one is just sooo pretty! TFS!

LisaNRoxy said...

Barb - you have outdone yourself - love love lo ve the layouts - and the loopy puch - I see it! My favorite is the "I'm Loving it" layout - the half circle of rainbow paper looks so cool and mimics hte round table in the pic. Those boys are too cute and that sweet little garden gnome - I could squeeze her! :) Just adorable,.

angie gutshall said...

Wow Barb! You did a great job on ALL layouts!

lisaplus5 said...

i really love these pages! they are all so unique and show how you really love to play with all! i wish i had more scrappy time, too...lol... why does life get in the way???? ;) i really love the beauty of the middle page and the photo is wonderful- what a keepsake!

Melanie Stanczyk said...

awww, cute layouts!

The middle on is so timeless looking, great photo!

Thanks for sharing them with us!

Nathalie said...

Great pages Barb! It looks like you have been pretty productive already! Thank you for your kind comment on my blog today :D

Diana said...

LOVE your layouts!! Great job!

Candace H said...

Beautiful layouts, Barb! Love your use of the large circles!

jennmom2000 said...

I love the Halloween layout. That loopy punch is awesome!

mommyof5kidz said...

Hey Barb! I just realized that I read you blog and never posted!!! LOL. I LOVE your layouts that you completed...and I ADORE your McDonald's layout! TOOOOO Cute!!!!! Glad you participated and WON!!! How cool is that!!!