Friday, November 20, 2009

Another girlie Friday!

We are fortunate to have two of our granddaughters spending the night tonight: 11 year old Kaycee (who is staying until Sunday) and 21-month-old Anna. We just watched a stirring showing of Anna's favorite, "Wow! Wow! Wubzy" and Kaycee is waiting patiently for her turn at the computer. Tomorrow, if the weather is good, we will venture downtown for the annual Christmas Walk. The two day event includes sales and sometimes cookies or cider in the downtown stores, the tree in the courthouse square will be lit for the season, and the city puts lights on the little trees along the main street. There are carolers and musicians strolling around, and this year there will be children's stories in the theater group's newly renovated building. We may even get to talk with Santa or ride the trolley bus up and down Main Street.

This past week has been a slow one for scrapping. I had to skip one of the two weekly THAW challenges at Willow Traders, but I did do this one for "beauty". The flowers are a bouquet that my third child, Jeff, sent to me for Mother's Day 2008.

I've scrapped black and white photos with colored patterned paper before; but this is the first time I have scrapped color photos with black and white papers. I like the effect! The butterfly was salvaged off an old shirt; I added bling antennae.

And the countdown continues for youngest daughter's April wedding. The engagement announcement and photo went to the two local newspapers today. This photo isn't the one we sent, but it's my favorite out of a total of 154 photos:


And yes, I will be scrapping some of those photos!

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Heather said...

Cool LO! And a great photo of Kristen and Ian. Say hi to Kaycee and Anna for me.

Liz said...

Have fun with the little ones tonight and thanks for sharing your layout. Cheers - Liz

twinkles11 said...

congrats to your dd and have fun with the grandbabies! your Beauty layout is beautiful!

Lori Gentile said...

I love your layout. That butterfly is gorgeous! And, such a wonderful photo!!! I would be scrapping it, too!

Nathalie said...

I like how you mixed a B&W photo with color ones. And that salvaged butterfly is perfect! WTG on this challenge!

Bibi said...

Great layout!! And love the pic of your DD, too.

*SHeRRy B* said...

Your page looks great!

Julie said...

enjoy the grands

great page, and photo

Janine Rachau said...

That is a great effect with the black and white,...love the recycled butterfly. I am increasingly removing things from things that I discard,....buttons, trims, anything flashy,...but that butterfly is just lovely.

Love your picture and hearing a little about your life. Main street sounds awesome. You are blessed!

LisaNRoxy said...

Barb - what a fun event. I hope you took pics. I bet the girls enjoyed ethemselves! Love yout layout - I agree - the colored phot with BW papers is a stunning effect. I love your recycling too - you know me - I love to repurpose! Have a fantastic week and happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Samantha T. said...

Your pages are amazing. Your style is so fun and creative. Thanks for stopping by the Scraptiv!ty blog hop this weekend!

Diana said...

great layout and LOVE the engagement photo! Congrat's again!

LG said...

Hi there!

I just want to share to you some amazing news. I am currently a DT Member of My Scrapbook Nook, a kit club that offers jam packed kits monthly for $28.When you sign up for a 12 month membership now through Sunday you will receive the November kit for FREE plus, you will also receive your 13th month kit for FREE. The kit is always full of goodies sometimes exceeding $35 value but you'll get it for $28 always. Feel free to check it out to see it for yourself at

http://www.myscrapbooknook.org/club.shtml

If you decide to take part of this amazing deal, please put my name on the referral field ( LG or Lady Grace)

Thanks for your time!

Rebecca said...

Hi Barb,
Thank you for participating in Scraptivity's Blog Hop last weekend. Congratulations! You are our Blog Hop winner! Please contact us at scraptivity @ gmail . com (no spaces) and provide us with your mailing address so we can mail your prize KIT to you!
Rebecca