Sunday, October 18, 2009

It's CHAOS!

That's the title of last night's layout, which I created for THAW #7 on Willow Traders. The challenge was to scrap about yourself for "Evaluate Your Life Day"; so I chose to document the mess I make when I scrap.


I bought a 2 inch square punch on sale at Hobby Lobby last week and so I was happy to use it! I punched up my photo and rearranged the pieces, not neccessarily in order, to emphasize the chaos theme. The sketch is from PageMaps.

Here's the photo I started with:


Now you know why we eat out on the patio so much when it's warm, and in the family room when it's not! (yes, that is the table in my kitchen) My younger daughter has told me "when we were kids, if we had made a mess like that, we would have been in BIG trouble!" And her point being ..... ????

This is the card I was making when I made that big mess:


I used a Fiskars embossing plate for the spider web and then sanded the embossed areas. Hard to see in the photo, but I brushed some glitter gel stuff over it to give it some shine. The card will be making its way to one of the six grandkids at the end of the week (two cards down, four to go!)

The hubby is golfing today (it's the "Louie Open", a fun little tournament organized by a family frien. They play rain, shine or snow -- it's only about 45 degrees out but the sun is shining ... yeah, I think they are insane, but it keeps them off the streets) That means I can scrap in peace without any guilt about laundry or dishes left undone; and I can run through Wendy's drive through and get lunch instead of cooking. Sounds like a plan to me!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Julie said...

love the page and such a cute card!!

Rebecca In MI said...

LOL! I love your Chaos! That beautiful card was so worth it! I'm going to have one of those weekends that you describe next weekend, and I am so ready for it! (bring on the challenges!) I love your daughters comment!

Nathalie said...

Sounds to me like you had a perfect day :D I LOVE your page! I love what you did with the photo and the design is fabulous!!! I need to find that sketch because I would like to use it too! Thank you for the inspiration!

Blessings, Janine said...

Just love what you did with the photograph and how you incorporated it into your layout. Both creations are fabulous in design and embellishing!

Diana said...

great LO! That's what my scraproom table AND my dining room table look like right now- opps