Friday, October 30, 2009

It's been a crafty week!

I love making cards; and the cards that I love making the most are Halloween cards. I just love the colors, patterns and embellishments out there for Halloween! Those combinations of orange, black, green and purple really catch my eye.

My oldest daughter gave me some cute Imaginisce papers from her stash; and I was lucky enough to get some American Crafts papers in a grab bag from Zany Zinnia. Added to that were some odds and ends and fun stuff gathered from various sources. I had the best time creating these for my six grandkids. Love the way they all looked sitting on my table waiting to be mailed:


And because I can't resist showing off, here they are individually:








I also finished a birthday card to send to a friend, using a Stampin' Up stamp and my favorite little Martha Stewart butterfly punch:



The October THAW (THree A Week) at Willow Traders ended today. I'm so proud of myself for completing every challenge in both September AND October! My albums are getting nice and fat!

For #10, the challenge was to use denim on our layout. There isn't much on mine, but there is some. I cut up a square from an old pair of jeans, adhered it to scrap paper and cut flowers from it using a Sizzix die in my Wizard. Look in the bottom left corner for the result:


Challenge #11 was to "spin the wheel" on a color selection website, then use the resulting color combination. My combo was lavender, light blue and light green:


The lovely subjects are my oldest and youngest granddaughters enjoying some quiet time during a sleepover at Grandma's house.

And for the final challenge, the prompt was to use "candy corn colors" of white, yellow, orange and brown. I used My Mind's Eye "Enlightened" collection papers, which also included some green and blue.


Thanks for looking! and hope you have a
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

11 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Wow Barb you make wonderful cards!!!!!

Blessings, Janine said...

Your cards are incredible. I shall use them for future inspiration, for sure!

Way to go on the completion of all the THAW challenges. These three layouts are great. The colors you chose always compliment your photos so nicely!

Heather said...

Great cards as always! The boys loved theirs and the jokes!

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Barb - your cards are too stinkin cute. I just love them - I have not made any Halloween cards. Now you have me wishing I had. Thank you for your awesome participation in THAW. I looked forward to seeing your layouts and you always have a kind work of encouragement. You are dear.

jamie said...

yet again, you are rockin' the craftyness. this will inspire to get me on top of making thanksgiving cards. those are my fav's to make.
and i too just adore that butterfly punch by ms.

lisaplus5 said...

i love all of this- you have been busy :) i love the playfulness of the cards! I think that MS punch must be so fun to play with! i love the challenge pages- they are so sweet! i especially love the layering on the quiet time page :)

Diana said...

great work Barb! Love all your cards and that gooey punch is pretty cute

twinkles11 said...

wow you've been busy. i love your cards!

Lori Gentile said...

Wow! You have been busy, busy, busy! First those are some awesome cards! I love them. I love the THAW layouts, as well!

Nathalie said...

Your cards are fantastic! I am sure the recipients loved them! Great details! Congrats on your accomplishments in the October THAW challenges!

Angela L. said...

WTG with getting SO much done... Such beautiful layouts and I agree with the others, your cards are awesome!